Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

The BMX Society Reunion & Show 2012

Bummed I can't make it boys. I VOW to make it one of these years. Hopefully sooner then later. Gotta pay the bills and my regular job in the BMX World calls. It's an Olympic year and things are crazy for us. I'm n Nashville for our event this weekend, then next week I'm off theChula Vista to get things ready for the BMX HOF weekend, Olympic BMX Trials Golf Tourny, and not to mention our own USA BMX national all going on in one weekend.

I hope everyone has a great time as I know they will. gOrk will be there to cover the event. He'll be doing some filming and photo work for our very own PULL magazine. THis mag goes out to all 70,000 of our members around the world. :ThumbsUp:

If you see gOrk, be sure to swing by and kick him in the nuts for me!! hahahaha... :ROTFLMAO:

Here is the tentative schedule, this is just a working frame work, we always adjust on the fly so none of this is absolutely set in stone:

• The event opens between 8 and 8:30
  • Collector / spectator set up begins
  • There is track practice time and registration up to about 10:30 am.
  • Bike show judging begins at 11 am
  • Old School Race at 11:30 if there are enough participants
  • 1:00 - Sidehack Race
  • Bicycle Source Freestyle Ramp riding will begin and continue all day (1/4 ramp, box jump, etc)
  • Sometime between 1 and 1:30 pm we will present Mike Devitt with BMXS Life time achievement award.
  • 1:30 -Dan's comp bunny hop (bunny hop contest)
  • 2:30 - Anouncement of Bike Show winners
  • 3:00 raffle prize give a way
  • Event wrap up and break down from 4pm

Note that the track will have it's regularly scheduled USA BMX (ABA) scheduled races Saturday evening.

Here is the tentative schedule, this is just a working frame work, we always adjust on the fly so none of this is absolutely set in stone:

• The event opens between 8 and 8:30
  • Collector / spectator set up begins
  • There is track practice time and registration up to about 10:30 am.
  • Bike show judging begins at 11 am
  • Old School Race at 11:30 if there are enough participants
  • 1:00 - Sidehack Race
  • Bicycle Source Freestyle Ramp riding will begin and continue all day (1/4 ramp, box jump, etc)
  • Sometime between 1 and 1:30 pm we will present Mike Devitt with BMXS Life time achievement award.
  • 1:30 -Dan's comp bunny hop (bunny hop contest)
  • 2:30 - Anouncement of Bike Show winners
  • 3:00 raffle prize give a way
  • Event wrap up and break down from 4pm

Note that the track will have it's regularly scheduled USA BMX (ABA) scheduled races Saturday evening.

Just wanted to say thank you had a great time great food and some very cool bikes.

Edited by poolboy1

Was running on three hours sleep and was jet lagged from a work trip, but I had a great time and was so good to see so many amigos!!! 364 days left till next time... The count down has begun!

Thanks for another great show!

Wow! What a great weekend!! I had a blast! what a great show, I have to thank SJ Brothers for his commitment to this show and his commitment to BMX, I know how much he puts in to this show and the site because I've been living with him over the past year, He doesn't make any money off this show its just his passion he does it for the love of BMX so we need to support him and the site!!!! he actualy loses money on this show every year and he is going to be pissed when he reads I wrote this but I feel compelled to say we need to support him and the site , this site has been so good to me and Steve is an amazing friend so lets all do our part to help Steve keep our dream alive!! And what about Danny Hubbard who show's up every year for free and hosts this show and kills it!! and Steve Blackey for the awards/Trophies and the mods Kerry and Spur for flying out here and helping make this show happen every year you guys are awesome!!!!!! :)

I know we are blessed to have these guys doing all they do so lets do what we can to show our appreciation and support the cause, give what you can to the site support anything you give will help keep this dream alive. Sorry Steve I had to throw this out don't be mad love u Bro.

Oh yeah and post your pictures from the show here too :) Thanks!

:nah.I.mean:

(sadly, still questionable on showing up)

Ditto,

We had an unexpected date change for my Niece's Quincenera. Church in the morning, pictures right after then its on to the reception. I was planning on stopping by in intervals but I had an unexpected accident a few days ago. Slipped coming out of the shower, busted my inner lip (2 stitches) and lost a few front teeth for my troubles.

I cant get any worse right laugh.gif

Ag, Sorry to hear the bad news.

I hope all heals well :teary:

Sorry I missed meeting you. :(

Maybe next year :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Just wanted to post a big thanks to s.bros I could not make it but still tossed the cash just so one it's still there for me to make it to. :Power.Grin: thanks for the swag bag got it today

:nah.I.mean:

(sadly, still questionable on showing up)

Ditto,

We had an unexpected date change for my Niece's Quincenera. Church in the morning, pictures right after then its on to the reception. I was planning on stopping by in intervals but I had an unexpected accident a few days ago. Slipped coming out of the shower, busted my inner lip (2 stitches) and lost a few front teeth for my troubles.

I cant get any worse right laugh.gif

Ag, Sorry to hear the bad news.

I hope all heals well :teary:

Sorry I missed meeting you. :(

Maybe next year :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Thanks Calvin

Believe me, I tried everything in my power to make it. I was in constant contact with Joe (Jflo) the whole day giving him updates on my situation. First show I missed since 2006 (Elysian park). sad.gif

I did however get about 20 texts from a bunch of you. Somewhere along the line, someone gave up my cell # and the messages started coming in. It was an unexpected surprise.

Next year for sure.