Sign in to follow this  
greyboy

My first MID SCHOOL find

got my first mid school bike today....survivor (except the seat) '90 S&M HOLMES :Liv2ride:

it came from the original owner who was a local so cal racer, he told me that he used to hang around moeller and the s&m dudes bitd and this f/f was actually handed to him by chris when he bought it. he took really good care of this bike, the chrome looks almost new, he also added 990's a few years after he got the frame which is interesting, fortunately the welding/mod is very high quality :ThumbsUp:

lots of cool parts on here, including a sealed b/b that ive never seen...flights, sr speedtraps w/ killer cages, 1st gen slam bars, elf post, etc. :Liv2ride:

1de0bbf0738111e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

sweet! Any sticker on the bars? If so, what does it look like?

yes, it says 'SLAM' going vertical, and 'BARS' horizontal underneath it, then '.065' underneath that. its about 2" x 1" on the left inside part of the bars :nah.I.mean: i sent ben ward a pic and he confirmed with moeller that they are true 1st gen and moeller himself designed the decal :Liv2ride:

dope one grey. rockout.gif

nice, those single pinch full-wrap flights?!

thanks dudes! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

@jaf...yes, single pinch, full wrap

That looks like a BB from like '91 or '92. I don't remember that being available in '90. Looks like an obscure brand. Checking magazines.

thanks benny!! i think you are spot on about the year, definitely around '91 because he got the f/f in '90. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

In 1990 for Flights there were not many options. I think Hadley was done already. There was Techmatic, Tioga and maybe Peregrine and Odyssey. Kastan was in there somewhere. Perhaps it is an Ultramax? It is the only brand listed for Flights that I have never seen. Got that from a Feb '91 GO. Anyone got a pic of one of those?

Or maybe it's a prototype S&M!!! That would rule.

I bet Jake knows what it is.

Crupi made killer Flight BB's in the 80's and 90's. That isn't one of them though. I am not sure why this is popping up in my brain, but didn't Procraft make a BB that looked like that too?

I had a PPP BB for OPC BITD and that does not look like it. Not saying it's not. Never seen a Flight Crupi BB. If I had known I would have gotten one at some point, I'm sure. Any pics, Jake? I personally ran a Kastan at this time so I know it was available but not widely from everything I can find due to the developement of the Kastan Cranks. I would still love to see the pics of an Ultramax if anyone can find one.

Not trying to de-rail the thread Grey, but, Benny here is a 1st gen Crupi BB, this is one of 3rdGears.

crupi bb.jpg

One of a few components I really want to acquire.