Sign in to follow this  
abozny

M.O.T.O.S.

I see those MOTOS logos in everyone's sig. Those would make cool stickers. Did anyone ever make any? I would love to put one on my bike. Are there any out there? LMK. Thanks.

I see those MOTOS logos in everyone's sig. Those would make cool stickers. Did anyone ever make any? I would love to put one on my bike. Are there any out there? LMK. Thanks.

I do too, any stickers??? Also, whats the deal with that banner, is it something anyone can run in their profile in here, or do you need to earn it? Whats the deal?

Enquiring mind want to know...

you have to be invited, for people who have contributed above and beyond in 70's bmx somehow.

now that I told you they're gonna set me on fire. :fuel:

I'm gonna set Christian on fire if he doesn't fix the spelling in "Australia" soon....LOL

Thanks for posting that info. My 'newest' bike in my meager collection is 1976. Ive actually posted the same ? (about M.O.T.O.S.) but never got a response

MOTOS chooses the members in the group. It is not something that BMX Society has any direct involvement in. My understanding is that one does not apply or petition for admittance. They will come to you when the time is right.

This site and MOTOS have a special agreement based essentially on the fact that MOTOS is cool organization and we expect them to contribute a lot of good 70's research and content exclusively to this site. That was the basis for the affiliation.

In general, we do not do signatures on this site. It looks like a mess, and people post all manner of goofy stuff there and often it just becomes a for sale or wanted posting area.

So... we have a no signature policy. "Signature" being the area at the bottom of your posts that would always be visible.

Up to now, the only exception is the "Research Contributor" designation and the MOTOS members having their banner.

This MOTOS you all speak of is some sort of misunderstanding. Never existed. Never will :whistling:

We had a similar thing in my fraternity in college. It was an elite society within an elite society. They even had their own separate hell week and pledge semester and everything.

GHMF were the initials. I was not a member.

I remember guys from GHMF would tell other guys in my house that I was going to get an "invite", just so that they would tell me and that I would "get my hopes up". I laughed and said "yeah, right!" because I knew it was a prank and that I was never going to be in that group. LOL

It's like Skull and Bones.... No official Roster is posted...heheehehe.. Some speculation as to who is, or who isn't in the secret society. Some flaunt their membership on their avatar, some of us don't. :wink:

Yes, it involves weaving your arm through a motomag....

There's an 80's group too, but it's pretty hush-hush. In fact, I've already said too mu........

The first rule of M.O.T.O.S. probably goes something like, "You don't talk about M.O.T.O.S." :whistling:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

Um, OK...

So much for brotherhood :teary:

Why did I know someone would take it there..... :doh:

EXACTLY why they never talk about it. Its all good. We are ALL still here as family on BMXS and you Guyster are one of us. Dont sweat it homie.

Now accepting membership for S.O.T.O.M. (Sons Of The Orient Member)

Hey Coasty, I never even realised that! Ha ha, Bloody Derek.

Orstraya is a good one I've seen before!

No worries fellers...its all good.

Steve,I plan on hanging out more. My deevorce is almost done, just sold my house :curses: so, things are mellowing a bit. My offer still stands if you wanna come out and go thru my Kawi parts.

No, it is invitation only. And then you get the logo in your sig.

That is cool that you got a T-Shirt. Where did you get it? I know a guy who got some stickers and he is not a member either.