Sign in to follow this  
TrulyOdd

NEW Phil Wood spider - damn, $350??

scam. New Phil? Please. $400 hubs with no cassette. Now this. Phil is dead. Long live the real Phil.

Some of us remember riding into Phil's shop in San Jose and having him replace our bearings free of charge when we were kids.

Sad to see but I guess it's economics...

• Like 1

Very very nice but that is ridiculously priced IMHO.

exploitation! nothing more than a play on the nostalgic feelings of 40+ year old guys trying to relive their youth! :Sux:

If they wanted to stay relevant they should have done the homework and realized the trend is 4 hole spiders now. But as mentioned, it seems as if they are after that Retro crowd wallet.. $350, must be made of "unobtainium".

GOLD Star 4 ESW

peckerhead

POST # 30

Edited by 2blader

Wait, is that an exact copy? Not sure why I didn't pick up on that at first. Emoticon_frustrated.gif

Wait, is that an exact copy? Not sure why I didn't pick up on that at first. Emoticon_frustrated.gif

as far as I can tell yes. Unless the crank arm bolt washer/spacer is somehow attached to the spider and slides up and down to the correct fit of crank arm

Once it's on a bike you couldn't tell though - so for future ref... Don't buy one - on a buy it now if the pic is of it installed.

I contact them about reproducing them. They were clueless and ran with my idea. They wanted to sell for $200, then jacked the price. They suck. I could have had these made for $15 or less depending on volume.
It was my idea, just pointing it out

That ESW guy is a total DICK. Fuck him and his ideas finger.gif

I contact them about reproducing them. They were clueless and ran with my idea. They wanted to sell for $200, then jacked the price. They suck. I could have had these made for $15 or less depending on volume.
It was my idea, just pointing it out

That ESW guy is a total DICK. Fuck him and his ideas finger.gif

I did give him a GOLD star for his bright idea...totally kool idea dude. :HitsFan:

Haters-

It looks like another money grab to me. I hope they aren't following the Bullseye model and leaving their good name and reputation in the dirt with this one. Greed has a way of taking over and killing all that was once good in a company. :blastin: