Sign in to follow this  
wagonguy

Little bit of Mid School obscurity

From what I can gather, this is from about '02, so maybe a little too new for Midschool, but it is unique and obscure, so I love it! Cortina made high end MTB'sand it looks like they made a brief foray into BMX. THe head tube sticker says "Hand made in the USA". Santa Barbara is where they were based.

Doug

Cortina1.jpg

Cortina2.jpg

Cortina3.jpg

i remember when those frames were coming out, i would say, yes... 02ish.

they made great DH and slalom bikes and actually sponsored a few of my friends for DH racing, all the guys involved were cool also, it was a family business.... not sure if they are still around or not?

Rear section is wicked. Nice pick-up.

cool to see, Doug. I don't know the brand, but artisan caliber stuff is always fun to get acquainted with.

That is hott. I really like the rear section.

i saw that. I thought the add said the guy had it made for him in the mid to late 90s.

He mentioned that it was made in the mid 90's, but research tells me that they only made one BMX frame called the El Hefe, and it was made in '02.

Playing in the garage a little today, and got this far. Check out the bars. ATI Rack and Pinion bars/neck. The bars taper up to over 1" in diameter at the bottom. They were on Warwick Stevenson's bike in '03 when he won the AA championship. I recently picked them up from Ken Pliska.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 5.jpg

Nice. I am glad you got that bar and clamp set-up. I had that on my watch list forever, never had anything to use them on.