Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

2012 BMX Society Reunion & Show @ Whittier Narrows BMX, South El Monte, CA

I would like to invite you all to a very special BMX party!

This year, our annual Old School BMX Reunion & Show that is sponsored by Dan's Comp will take place on June 2nd, 2012.

Please come. It is worth traveling great distances to attend. You will meet friends old and new, you can rub elbows with the legends of the sport from the early days, and the stars of modern BMX.

The venue is Whittier Narrows BMX. The track is located within a regional park called, Whittier Narrows.

Time:

June 2nd

9am to 4pm

Whittier Narrows BMX

1601 N. Rosemead Blvd.

South El Monte, CA

There is a $6 parking fee to enter the park. Please be advised.

DIRECTIONS TO THE TRACK:

Whittier Narrows BMX is located inside the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area in South El Monte, approximately 12 miles east of Los Angeles. To find the track, take Rosemead Blvd. south from the San Bernardino freeway (10) or north from the Pomona freeway (60) to the Whittier Narrows Park Main entrance on the west side. (When entering the park, turn right at the first stop sign, then follow the road as it circles the soccer fields to a second stop sign. Turn left (south) and the track will be on the right.

2012.BMXsociety.WhittierNarrows.Flier.jpeg

The day's events will include:

Old School Bike Show with multiple classes and awards for each

Sidehack Racing brought to you by Impakt sidehacks!

Old School Races (you have to ride a bike from the 70's or 80's)

Legends of Freestyle Show

Bunny Hop Contest brought to you by Dan's Comp

JMC Racing 35 Year Anniversary Reunion

535894_2600801838159_1798209363_1525295_238438423_n.jpg

More to be announced....

Registration Packages required for bike show prize eligibility, t-shirt and poster, etc will go on sale May 1st.

Pre-Registration for the BMX Society's 2012 Old School BMX Reunion & Show

What: BMX Society's International Old School BMX Reunion & Show

When: June 2, 2012

Where: Whittier Narrows BMX Track, South El Monte, California

Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm

** Please read what follows in its entirety. There is a lot of important information here. **

The Registration Package is $27

REGISTRATION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:

• The event T-Shirt
  • Bike tags for each of your show bikes vying for honors and the BMX Society Handlebar Trophies
  • Event ID laminate badge
  • Commemorative poster from the event (first 100 registrants only)

Important information on the "BIKE SHOW" component of the event:

• Only people who register will be eligible for honors and the awards.
  • Registration allows you to enter as many bikes as you would like.
  • Attendees who would like to enter bikes in the show must be registered and set up by 10:30 am. Judging will begin at 10:30 am.

THANKS PRE-REGISTRATION HAS NO COME TO A CLOSE.

THERE WILL BE REGISTRATION AT THE EVENT. HOWEVER SHIRT QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED.

Some of the scheduled activities for the day:

• BMX Society Bike Show & Awards Presentation

• Legends of Freestyle Ramp Jam expo.

• BMX track riding / racing*

• Sidehack Race expo

Bunny Hop Contest sponsored by Dan's Comp

The JMC 35th Anniversary Team Reunion

Life Time Achievement Presentation to Mike Devitt

more to be announced...

* people who wish to ride the track must sign a waiver and pay a separate $8 fee to track. You must also wear a helmet, long sleeves and pants and abide by the tracks rules.

What else to expect:

As anyone can attest that has ever been to one of this site's events... the BMX Society's Reunion & Show is truly BMX nirvana. People literally come from around the world. You see the best bikes, hangout with the coolest people, rub elbows with the stars of racing, freestyle and the industry.

It's a really important day for people who relish BMX culture. You will enjoy it. That's a guarantee.

The track will be offering hotdogs, maybe burgers and other snacks and drinks. If you want to bring a cooler / packed lunch - feel free.

Come prepared with plenty of drinking water. It will almost certainly be a sunny so-cal day, so stay hydrated and happy.

Also... bring sun screen for you and your kids. This is a family friendly event. All are welcome, but please keep an eye on your kids and don't let them get jelly on somebody's $500 og pad set, or knock over a row of priceless show builds. :wink:

People who wish to mail in payment please remember:

• Mention shirt size!!!!

• Include your full name clearly printed

• User name here on the site if you have one.

• Your full mailing address.

Send to:

BMX Society Old School Show 2011

2410 Arizona St.

Hutchinson, KS 67502

Make Payable to Steve Brothers

Pre-reg mail ins must be post marked on or before May 14th!

What is the advantage of pre-registration? That's the main way that this event can support itself. Beyond you guys who are supportive enough to register - I personally pay for everything else.

Also it REALLY helps us better prepare for the size of the crowd and we appreciate it. However, it is also a better value. Registering the day of the event on site will be more costly.

If you want a shirt please pre-register. We will have a limited number of shirts available the day of the event, but we ALWAYS sell out. Last year we sold out at 10 am. Pre-register to guarantee that you get what you want.

Thank you. Please pick up your registration packet at the BMX Society booth the morning of June, 2nd at the event site @ Whittier Narrows BMX.

The event will open at 8:30 am. People taking part in the judged bike show must pick up their registration pack and have their bikes set up for judging by 10:30 am.The bikes will be judged from 10:30 am to 12:30pm.

Here is the tentative schedule, this is just a working frame work, we always adjust on the fly so none of this is absolutely set in stone:

• The event opens at 8:30
  • Collector / spectator set up begins
  • There is track practice time and registration up to about 10:30 am.
  • Bike show judging begins at 11 am
  • Old School Race at 11:30 if there are enough participants
  • 1:00 - Sidehack Race
  • Bicycle Source Freestyle Ramp riding will begin and continue all day (1/4 ramp, box jump, etc)
  • Sometime between 1 and 1:30 pm we will present Mike Devitt with BMXS Life time achievement award.
  • 1:30 -Dan's comp bunny hop (bunny hop contest)
  • 2:30 - Anouncement of Bike Show winners
  • 3:00 raffle prize give a way
  • Event wrap up and break down from 4pm

Note that the track will have it's regularly scheduled USA BMX (ABA) scheduled races Saturday evening.

Registration will wind down in the next few days.

So get them in quick to insure you get your gear!

Just a note that smoking AND drinking are banned in the park. Yes, you read that right... cigarettes are banned in the Whittier Narrows Park.

Welcome to California. ;)

Also please note that the park is under Federal jurisdiction. No kidding. So... the usual state/city leniency for your prescription hemp may not fly.

Be smart.

This is actually not so different than the rules for any of our other venues.

Discretion + ingenuity + absolutely packing out your waste containers = everybody content and we can come back next year.

I was just at the park on Monday. I was wondering does anybody know where we will be setting up our bikes for display?

There is a real small area around the track, but across from it there is the grass

area..

Just trying to get a heads...

Yes both options will be available. The majority of displays will probably be over on the grassy park side.

those of you who pre-registered, and who will attend the show, will receive this:

show_gear.jpg

yep. limited quantities. But they are going to be expensive. :wink:

Crackerz gotta pre-register.

Just wanted to mention again..

Here is the tentative schedule, this is just a working frame work, we always adjust on the fly so none of this is absolutely set in stone:

• The event opens @ 8:30
  • Collector / spectator set up begins
  • There is track practice time and registration up to about 10:30 am.
  • Bike show judging begins at 11 am
  • Old School Race at 11:30 if there are enough participants
  • 1:00 - Sidehack Race
  • Bicycle Source Freestyle Ramp riding will begin and continue all day (1/4 ramp, box jump, etc)
  • Sometime between 1 and 1:30 pm we will present Mike Devitt with BMXS Life time achievement award.
  • 1:30 -Dan's comp bunny hop (bunny hop contest)
  • 2:30 - Anouncement of Bike Show winners
  • 3:00 raffle prize give a way
  • Event wrap up and break down from 4pm

Note that the track will have it's regularly scheduled USA BMX (ABA) scheduled races Saturday evening.

THE LOCATION OF THE EVENT:

Whittier Narrows BMX

1601 N. Rosemead Blvd.

South El Monte, Ca. 91733

THERE IS A $6 PARKING FEE TO ENTER THE PARK

map.jpeg

F@#K, I know Im missing out big time. Hope everyone is having fun. Im going to try and stop by after the church. Sorry guys

On a side note, the boys are looking pretty spiffy

IMG_20120602_103301.jpg

I had so much fun this weekend. I'm glad I decided to come in on Thursday this time around. My first time 2 years ago was all a big blur with so much to take in. It was really fun to see the first timers like Trevor, Benny, and Joe P and know what I must've looked like in 2010.

I have only one or two pics. I'm pretty much planning on snaking everyone else's. The handful I have are gems. I'll post them in a day or two when I get a chance to sit down in front of the PC.

traditionally it's the first Saturday in June. That will be June 1 in 2013.

Guest SemiEmo

traditionally it's the first Saturday in June. That will be June 1 in 2013.

My dad has been talking about this since we finally moved to the west coast. We might need to bring a horse trailer for all the bikes and parts... :nah.I.mean:

Spent sometime checking out the site - very cool. Hoping to to attend the show in '13. Looks like a blast