Sign in to follow this  
lboorse2

85 Cycle-Craft Pro

So, since I originally started the chronicle of this project nearly 3 years ago, and then let it fall by the wayside when life suddenly happened, I thought I'd start a fresh thread. A new chronicle. My direction on how to build it has completely changed so, why not?

Here's my starting point. It's an 85-ish Pro (19.25" top tube) frame set. I bought the bars along with the frame and fork at Brian P's Summer Slam in 2009. I'm 3rd owner of it at this point.

IMG_2225.JPG

The rear triangle has been touched up and the bars were refinished.

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

The light blue is original as are all the decals.

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2227.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

I was originally going to build it with a lot of black and chrome, but came across an article (Feb '87 BMX Plus!) on the XL with 1st gen decals. The XL was sent to Plus! as a complete by Cycle-Craft. Parts selection was very basic: Suzue loose ball hubs, SR spider, 1 PC cranks. The most exotic part on the test bike was probably the DK Pro stem. The test bike is the antithesis of many of the Cycle-crafts that I see built up these days.

I have a few things in mind to keep it basic with 1 or 2 minor upgrades. It's on the stand now getting cleaned up. I'm happy to be back to work on this one.

Do you have the correct padset???nah.I.mean.gif

Nope -- no pads.

Hurry up and build it already..... :power.of.suggestion:

can't wait to see it complete, the decals remind me of a neon sign and that paint scheme is cool! :Liv2ride:

Well I do... and I am not using them.

I love me some cyclecrafts. I have 8 of them now. a XL pro , a LP (thin tube) pro debacker model , a junior (thin tube) , a cruiser , 3 aluminum minis , and a titanium micro.

that has some cool colors Lee. :OSshuffle:

Brett I'll hit you up soon.

This is gonna be cool. I'm interested to see what you do with component colors. These bikes ride great. Good luck on it.

Yep. Started mocking things up a little. Trying to use up as much stuff I have on hand as possible as I try to cut down on crap in the shed. Tried some things I didn't really think of before and think I have something cool going on.

Wow -- so a whole summer has gone by. I'm such a slacker.

Yeah slacker, sell it to me and I'll actually build it....tongue.gif