Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Nemo

Sneek peek at 2013 SE's

I have been given the green light from Todd Lyons to start unveling some spy photos of SE's 2013 line-up, with a focus on one bike in particular.

Todd has picked many a brain for this year's line-up, and for some reason he found mine worthy. :Idunno: My two cents will be represented somewhere on this thread.

I know this is just a tease, but all will be unveiled soon. Todd kinda wants to have a little fun with this.

So here is your first look...

DSC072991.JPG

red anno centers.. never seen that B-4 :nah.I.mean:

Well, that's obviously a cruiser... so the loop floval is back! I know a lot of people have been clamoring, so that should do well. I wonder if there will be a spoke option?

looks like I welded that (non production) fork....

Steve, how can you tell its a cruiser? Candy red is cool.

Ive said it before. Been bitching for five years. If there isnt a candy blue Retro PK, Im buying all Redlines from now on :whistling:

Steve, how can you tell its a cruiser? Candy red is cool.

Ive said it before. Been bitching for five years. If there isnt a candy blue Retro PK, Im buying all Redlines from now on :whistling:

Spoke count on the Tuff gives it away

Nemo, just post the whole pic. Ill send you a dollar :power.of.suggestion:

:) I gotta say... the drip campaign is so played out, it risks annoying your audience; also we already identified it, so let's get on with it and spend our time admiring the whole bike rather than pieces to a puzzle that was solved already.

Talk about free advertising. I hope Nemo is getting paid at least. wink.gif

:) I gotta say... the drip campaign is so played out, it risks annoying your audience; also we already identified it, so let's get on with it and spend our time admiring the whole bike rather than pieces to a puzzle that was solved already.

Well, Steve, I see your point to a certain extent.

But, the way I look at it, I could not have posted it all, or waited until it was "played out" on the other forums Todd asked me to post it on. HE is the one that asked me for the slow tease. Take it up with him the next time you guys talk.

How long do you think it would have been before I posted the whole bike here before we were "scooped" by someone else on the other forums.

I won't post any more pics until it is completely unveiled on the other BMX forums, making this place the last to know.

Sorry for annoying you and trying to include you guys in something that I think is pretty cool. :rolleyes:

As far as getting paid, I see plenty of "hype" here for the things you guys think are worth mentioning.

I'm pretty stoked that I had some influence on getting this bike made and how it eventually turned out. Again, sorry for trying to share a little of that excitement.

I see SE is no longer a site sponsor. Maybe that's the rub. But I figured after Steve's post on the new PK race bike, all would be cool.

I'll make sure to post up my next Dan's Comp catalog when that arrives. :ThumbsUp:

I think you overestimate the "who cares" factor. I could give two shits personally. For real though, you probably need to not read so much into what Steve said, I believe you probably read it wrong as he was saying "release the photo already". But seeing that you are being a complete douche about it, I hope he meant it the way you took it. Oh and here is for your influence or having a hand in it being released.

pat_self_on_back.gif

I think you overestimate the "who cares" factor. I could give two shits personally. For real though, you probably need to not read so much into what Steve said, I believe you probably read it wrong as he was saying "release the photo already". But seeing that you are being a complete douche about it, I hope he meant it the way you took it. Oh and here is for your influence or having a hand in it being released.

pat_self_on_back.gif

So, you are saying I shouldn't feel defensive because I need to read between Steve's lines?

I tend to read and comprehend the written word as it is delivered. Didn't know I needed to learn some sort of code for every human on the planet and how they decide to convey their thoughts.

Actually, the feeling is quite mutual about giving two shits, but I tend to keep my thoughts private in the matter because I understand that my opinion isn't the only one that matters in a public discussion.

Everytime I try and include myself in this little clubhouse, I get shit on eventually. Usually by you, Jake. Not sure I understand why.

I figured by this point in our online banter, we would respect each other enough to agree to disagree, but you can't help but be a dick about it.

I don't think Steve needs you sticking up for him. I'm no bully. You can take your grade school playground bullshit, and use it on someone that will engage you in that way.

As far as Steve's comment goes, maybe I did get a little defensive. My brain is a bit fried after racing in 95 degree heat all day, but because the general consensus around here tends to be "No one gives a shit, Nemo", I can't help but feel like I'm pushing against the tide sometimes. Even when I am swimming with the current.

I know I'm the odd man out around here. But I still have mucho respect for the site and what it provides the community.

I have no need to pat myself on the back. Or look for it from a bunch of internet strangers. At this point in my life, I'm pretty secure with who I am.

After all this B.S. already, I'm again reminded on why I even bother... :deadhorse:

Wow. Ok... well in my book, SE is still a site sponsor of a sort. Posting this is not a problem.

I just checked your thread on the museum... some guys were commenting on the drip campaign. Why are you reacting like this here?

We'll be the last to know?

Heh. Alrighty then.

Do your thing Karl... or just throw a fit. You are free to do either here.

Wow. Ok... well in my book, SE is still a site sponsor of a sort. Posting this is not a problem.

I just checked your thread on the museum... some guys were commenting on the drip campaign. Why are you reacting like this here?

We'll be the last to know?

Heh. Alrighty then.

Do your think Karl... or just throw a fit. You are free to do either here.

The people commenting weren't the administrators of the site, Steve. Kinda like getting yelled at by the principal instead of the janitor, or the burnouts outside the gym.

I offer a sincere apology to you for getting a bit defensive.

Carry on.

The admin and staff here VOLUNTEER. They are regular people. They also have their own opinions which may or may not be in line with general site policy or for that matter... my own opinions. We see things differently all the time. The thing is... we are OK with that.

I have no problem with staff members expressing themselves as they see fit, just as I don't have a problem with any other member doing the same.

Is that so hard to understand? I'm not picking on you, Karl. Someone else asked me about it recently as well. I mean it for all... is it so hard to get that staff here might have their own opinions and might also feel like sharing them just like everybody else.

Why are you reacting like this here?

Read my above comment about fighting the tide, and you can kinda understand why.

Am I wrong? Or no?

Ok...

This pushes my buttons. I see it regularly.

Something is said here... people freak out and act like they've never been so humiliated in their lives. The same exact fucking thing is said to them on the museum and it's like they don't notice.

What is the deal with that?!

let me guess...

it's the Society assholes over on the museum spouting off. It doesn't represent the "true" Museum tide?

I've actually had too many beers to carry on this conversation tactfully.

So let me close it with this.... Karl... I like you. I like your point of view (though I may not share it), I like your bmx family values, I'm pretty much OK with the whole Karl package. Except for maybe the constant GI Joe repop analogies. :wink: I kid... I'm ok with that too.

Jake seems mean. So does Kerry. (So I've been told).

They are actually bodhisattvas... it's tough love. None the less, next year at the site's gathering, they will be manning the free hug booth. They love you guys. They will hug you all next June 1. Reserve your tickets now.