Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Nemo

Sneek peek at 2013 SE's

The admin and staff here VOLUNTEER. They are regular people. They also have their own opinions which may or may not be in line with general site policy or for that matter... my own opinions. We see things differently all the time. The thing is... we are OK with that.

I have no problem with staff members expressing themselves as they see fit, just as I don't have a problem with any other member doing the same.

Is that so hard to understand? I'm not picking on you, Karl. Someone else asked me about it recently as well. I mean it for all... is it so hard to get that staff here might have their own opinions and might also feel like sharing them just like everybody else.

I completely understand it, Steve. I've got tons of respect for you. Too bad I can't say the same about others whose opinion you seem to value.

But, whatever, I'm over it.

I'm quite comfortable in knowing that I may never make certain people here happy.

Well, except for one thing. :lol:

I'm quite comfortable in knowing that I may never make certain people here happy.

hmm, what could that be... you are also circumcised?

let me guess...

it's the Society assholes over on the museum spouting off. It doesn't represent the "true" Museum tide?

Sorry Steve, you will NEVER find me waving that flag.

You wanna know the truth?

No bullshit?

Except for a handfull of guys "over there", I find it a frat house of over aged kids who never grew up, in any sense of the phrase.

In other words, I have ALOT more respect for the opinions expressed here and the individuals that express them. They carry a bit more weight for me. Why? Not sure. But they do. THAT is why when some knucklehead that failed remedial English gives me shit over there, it matters very little.

Over there, it's like going to see your favorite band at a football standium. Most are there to party. They could care less who's playing

Here, it's like seeing them at a small bar, and everyone is feeling the groove.

hmm, what could that be... you are also circumcised?

:ROTFLMAO:

And my dad wasn't!

It's all his fault!

I've got deep seeded daddy issues! :lol:

let me guess...

it's the Society assholes over on the museum spouting off. It doesn't represent the "true" Museum tide?

Sorry Steve, you will NEVER find me waving that flag.

You wanna know the truth?

No bullshit?

Except for a handfull of guys "over there", I find it a frat house of over aged kids who never grew up, in any sense of the phrase.

In other words, I have ALOT more respect for the opinions expressed here and the individuals that express them. They carry a bit more weight for me. Why? Not sure. But they do. THAT is why when some knucklehead that failed remedial English gives me shit over there, it matters very little.

Over there, it's like going to see your favorite band at a football standium. Most are there to party. They could care less who's playing

Here, it's like seeing them at a small bar, and everyone is feeling the groove.

I get that completely, Karl.

I think that people need to relax and understand that though opinions may differ during the course of a topic here... that does not mean that you are not "one of us".

The evolution will not be polarized.

Pretty good lookin' rig. I'm sure that will add a little spark to the retro line.

I'll give the devil its due. I think it is the best looking retro SE has created to date. I bet the color is even better in person. And no, no one is asked or paid me to say that. The color matching hubs on the Tuffs are a great idea.

What? I always thought we were cool Karl, news to me. Although I don't agree with all your views (or all of anyone's) I've always been very respectful of you.

Kind of shocked and bummed actually.

The admin and staff here VOLUNTEER. They are regular people. They also have their own opinions which may or may not be in line with general site policy or for that matter... my own opinions. We see things differently all the time. The thing is... we are OK with that.

I have no problem with staff members expressing themselves as they see fit, just as I don't have a problem with any other member doing the same.

Is that so hard to understand? I'm not picking on you, Karl. Someone else asked me about it recently as well. I mean it for all... is it so hard to get that staff here might have their own opinions and might also feel like sharing them just like everybody else.

I completely understand it, Steve. I've got tons of respect for you. Too bad I can't say the same about others whose opinion you seem to value.

No, no, no probs with you, Kerry!

You may give me shit, but you are always fair about it.

You speak your mind, and I have huge respect for that.

Sorry if you thought I was speaking about you.

:cheers:

What? I always thought we were cool Karl, news to me. Although I don't agree with all your views (or all of anyone's) I've always been very respectful of you.

Kind of shocked and bummed actually.

That's a damn fine looking retro Floval. I may have to seriously look at one. We get very limited choices down here for retros. SE is huge down here as well.

that thing is nice. are those full wrap cranks instead of pinch bolts?

Sooo not how I wanted this thread to go. Glad it got worked out. Nemo. Ive always had mad love for you. Dont feel the way you do. We'd much rather have you here than "there". Your description of things over there is spot on and put into words perfectly. Owl and a few are tops for sure but otherwise......... We get it. We get you. I also see Jakes point. I love SE and wish they would have remained a site sponsor as ALOT of us support SE and Todd unconditionally, but it is what it is.

The bike is STUNNING............... and Kerry and Jake are assholes. I read it on the internet so I KNOW its true :nah.I.mean:

Sooo not how I wanted this thread to go. Glad it got worked out. Nemo. Ive always had mad love for you. Dont feel the way you do. We'd much rather have you here than "there". Your description of things over there is spot on and put into words perfectly. Owl and a few are tops for sure but otherwise......... We get it. We get you. I also see Jakes point. I love SE and wish they would have remained a site sponsor as ALOT of us support SE and Todd unconditionally, but it is what it is.

The bike is STUNNING............... and Kerry and Jake are assholes. I read it on the internet so I KNOW its true :nah.I.mean:

Thanks.

I feel much better after a good nights sleep and some rehydration.

I'm not much of a drinker, so my creedo should be to never post with low blood sugar!

I apologize to everyone here, even Jake. I reread the thread, and boy, I certainly was irritable.

All is good. I hope there are no hard feelings.

:flower: :cheers:

SE helped sponsor the event at Whittier Narrows and donated a couple of very nice frame sets that we gave away, so... SE is a site sponsor in my book. These kinds of threads are welcome, if SE wants to use the drip, I urge them to use the reverse drip... start with the whole bike and add detail shots daily. :P

I like the bike, but I would like to see chrome or candy red bars...The white bars don't do it for me...

I'm Getting one :nah.I.mean:

its a limited run bike.. 250 ?

I'm Getting one :nah.I.mean:

its a limited run bike.. 250 ?

That's what I've been told.

I like everything but the bar and seat clamp color.OSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif

I like everything but the bar and seat clamp color.OSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif

$80 fix, tops.

I'm sure these will be available as an F/F set, and we can all customize it to our hearts desire.

:yes:

I dig it. I like the white bars but agree that chrome would be better. I think it's time to lose the lightning-bolt seat. That one's kinda played out in my book. Stunning retro otherwise. I'd own one if I was in the market for sure.

I dig it. I like the white bars but agree that chrome would be better. I think it's time to lose the lightning-bolt seat. That one's kinda played out in my book. Stunning retro otherwise. I'd own one if I was in the market for sure.

Agreed. 100%. It is killer but I am not a fan of white tuffs. I'm a huge fan of black Tuffs and with the red anno on a black Tuff, I would be in perhaps. I read that the guy from Skyway is going to start producing Tuffs with anno options which I like for a number of reasons.

Chrome bars, change all white to black and get rid of the cheapie looking seat. Spec something nice and name brand. These bikes aren't exactly cheap and deserve a classy saddle.

That color is simply badass.

Basically what Benny is saying is if you change the entire bike it would be awesome LMAOOOOOOO

Agreed. 100%. It is killer but I am not a fan of white tuffs. I'm a huge fan of black Tuffs and with the red anno on a black Tuff, I would be in perhaps. I read that the guy from Skyway is going to start producing Tuffs with anno options which I like for a number of reasons.

Chrome bars, change all white to black and get rid of the cheapie looking seat. Spec something nice and name brand. These bikes aren't exactly cheap and deserve a classy saddle.

That color is simply badass.

I