Sign in to follow this  
Jaf

Strange "SE" bars...

Picked up a mid-school Floval Flyer and it has these bars on it with an SE sticker. Never seen the shape before and they look almost like SE kiddie bars but are too wide. Thanks in advance for any help :)

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

They might be cruiser or "trail" bars.

I have seen them before, hard to id w/ no sticker.

Thanks Glenn. There is a sticker which looks consistent with the landing gear decals on the bike. Are they definitely not SE bars? I don't have any good 90's reference for SE so don't know how much of the bike is custom or stock...

Brian Hays you out there?! :break:

Look to me to be SE "Crow" bars. Late 90s post power wing era. Shadessean should be able to confirm.

late 90's SE / 2001 Radix Monkey bars ?

Radix.jpg

Alright, thanks guys! After studying these bars and the monkey bars, looks like the monkey crossbar is fatter. Did some digging around on late 90's SE rides and found a bunch of these bars on everything from Flovals to Aluminum Quads. SE Crowbars they are.

Thanks again GlennS, Brian, and SHADESSEAN!

That Radix ad that Sean posted gives all the bar dimensions. Get the tape measure out and see what matches up. Visually to me anyway they look more like the Monkey bars.

Good point sodbuster. I measured the bars and they are 27" wide with a 4.5" rise while the monkey's state a 26" X 5.5" setup.

Actually have quite a few SE bars that I want to compare (1st Gen powerwings and alloy bars all the way through mid-school to new school retros). Getting more interested in mid-school SE stuff though as it's like the lost era to me, hah.