Sign in to follow this  
Brian P

recent pick up!

so...... there i am at a graduation party for a friends son and the text comes through "i can get an older haro, are you interested?" my response, maybe..... got pics?

well, the day goes with texts and no pics, we go to another party for friends that are moving to new mexico (i dont know how you army guys can move around all the time BTW) and the pics come through.....

i make an offer, it gets countered.... by now my friend gets the owner of the bike in touch with me and we work a price......

now we need to work a transaction, the bike is about 3 hours from me..... well, we work that out as my buddy who initially found this for me rides DH mtn bikes with me and lives near this guy...... cool

deal made, check sent, bike finally delivered

early 86 haro master, all OG except the rear tire, tapered bars, early locking tech 5 levers, DC seatclamp, reflectors! interestingly, it came with a blue dominator that supposedly came stock, i thought they all have white seats.

these are the bike in un-cleaned mode

IMG_5742.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

artistic shot in front of my hop vines

IMG_5749.jpg

the first bike i bought new was a white 86 master, be it i had only bought a f/f and custom built it, this has a significance to me.......

enjoy

nice grab Brian!

Pretty cool! I forgot about those locking levers like that. Nice!!!

there is something.. "special" about freestyle bikes that did not come with a rotor/spinmaster/gyro. My 86 haro did not have one either, (although my twin brothers cw shaker did a acs rotor). Back then I was kind of jealous of his rotor, but these days I have a special appreciation for the pre detangler bikes.

Great find and pickup! Nice bike!

These bikes were after my time, but I have taken a recent liking to them after watching the Haro team videos on youtube. They really look cool. Wish I could find one of those, one just sold for over 2000 Euros on German Ebay. That is about $2500!! Totally out of my league!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=251096946396&si=TEqxi7gMVoS6hpghLt8ovizNJYk%253D&viewitem=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It's a freestyler, it's a Haro. 'Nuff said. Nice grab Bri.

sweet survivor.