Sign in to follow this  
OLDSKOOLPK

OG Red Looptail PK RIPPER!

That bike looks great. I like the long list of "used" parts you put on it. It's got a cool color combo and I like the one piece cranks on there. In my experience the three piece Sugino type cranks always flexed too much and hit the frame, and Redline cranks were a tight fit. Right now I'm running one piece on my Race Inc 20, 24, and Floval. They're the perfect choice I think for these beefy aluminum frames.

SICK!! SO NICE

I think you've really achieved what you set out to do there, whih is capture a very authentic look. That's a ride that I could have seen kicking around the park thirty years ago.

Damn Jon you look even shorter when your next to it, you sure you want a OM in your collection ? oh my bad - its wee-wee man, homie's almost as tall as you already :comedy: stop playin with your bikes and go change that diapee - lol

Honestly though - that's a traffic stopper - very nice (it think the dura ace hubs on there would have busted you outline - too tech - you wanted a simple/average, yet tasteful and precise, track build and you nailed it..... The dura's would have thrown it to another level and it would have needed more techie details to coincide, and that budget woulda been blown)

:bravo:

I love it. Especially the one piece cranks. Well done sir!!!

Hey, I have the same PK Ripper in my shop!! Witht the gold Tuff Neck stem, Gold tourney cranks, Gold alloy bars, Red uni seat, 1980 or 81 I think!! Original forks too!! Nice! Mine is just sitting on the floor not put together though!

Oh well! I have an old Thruster, mini CW, mini GT and a whole bunch of other stuff laying around!!

Nice build!

Peter