Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

BMXers are everywhere...

A couple weeks ago I went on a nice vacation. First stop was the Orlando area of Florida. We stayed at the Disney Resort and my wife and I went to Universal Orlando. Then to the Kennedy Space Center.

Then we headed to Cape Canaveral for the night before boarding a cruise ship for a week in the Caribbean.

In the weeks before this I had contacted Richard Vogt as I remembered him saying he lived in Florida. As it turned out, he now lives 10 minutes from Cape Canaveral.

I told him I had Friday evening free before we headed out on our cruise and he was able to clear his schedule. He was willing to subject himself to over 4 hours of my babbling, what a trooper! (Donnie and William have experienced that, it's similar to getting your teeth pulled) :lol:

In all fairness, Richard is an awsome guy. We had a great time sharing similar BMX related stories from opposite ends of the US. We both experienced the beginnings of organized BMX as young teen agers in the 70s and we both had some fun stories to tell.

It was an evening well invested with a new friend. Thanks Richard for taking the time.

Dennis

Very cool Dennis! Glad you had a great vacation.

Hope to see you July21 at the Bicycle Source/Bmx Society Swap! It is always a pleasure to talk with you!

Sounds like you had a great time Dennis.

OSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif

Cool stuff Dennis! Thanks for sharing buddy

If you ever want to talk old BMX stories, sit down with Dennis. I've always said that it was the people who made BMX what it was, and that's what I'm looking for out there: the old schoolers who filmed it, photographed it, and lived it at ground zero. You made my weekend by taking some of your time to relive old memories.

Thanks for taking the time to shoot the breeze with this old BMXer, Dennis. Come back any time, but next time, we'll meet at the beach. I've got a board with your name on it!

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

P.S. Sauni was the real trooper. She's probably heard all those stories dozens of times, but she still pretends to like 'em!

:ThumbsUp:

Fantastic that you both could get together and share your past!!! Red glad you had a great vacation! cheerstoast.gif

What a fantastic story...One day I will make it over there and hit all you guys up for a chat!

That is super cool ! It is always awesome when we get to meet guys from other areas that are on the board . And Dennis , I would much rather listen to your stories than get teeth pulled . comedy.gif.... As William said . I hope you make it out to the Source for the swap next weekend . Glad to call you friend .

Donnie

I like to read threads like this. Kind of like a one-day 'Adopt-A-VIP'.

Well, I'll toss it out there too...if anyone finds themselves in the Detroit area, I would be happy to sit down and listen to 4 hours of BMX babbling over some beverages....

These kinds of things make traveling even more fun. Hope the cruise was everything you hoped it would be too Dennis.

I've been lucky enough to catch up with BMXers in Hawaii, Hawaii, California, Nevada and Florida so far. That's the same number of states for the same thing back in Australia.

Oh yeah, if anyone is wandering through south Florida between now and the end of the year, sing out as I'd love to catch up/meet some more people.