Sign in to follow this  
CharleyGnarlyP290

Who Is The Pinnacle Of BMX Collectiing?

And, no, I am not selling anything. :shifty:

Just wondering who the premier collector of SE Bikes is around here.

Brian Hays is very knowledgeable. SE goes to him for history of their own company. 'Nuf said.

Shades Sean probably has one of the larger physical collections of SE stuff and that includes some VERY rare and interesting stuff.  Like a reynolds loop quadangle and SE mountain bikes.  And the Aluminum Quad 24 prototype.  Dope!

La Rock has had plenty... though maybe only a couple in stock right now.

Not sure what Haney has... obviously safe to say, he's got a lot of gems. I know he has Muxsters old candy blue OM, which was pristine. I think he probably has the real STR-1 proto too, but I might be mistaken on that.

HANEY

According to the Ride BMX article from a while back, Haney does have the STR-1 Prototype.

Interesting it seems that there are a half dozen Mongoose maniacs, yet, no one really has a huge stash of old PKs like some of the garages full of Mongooses I've seen.

According to the Ride BMX article from a while back, Haney does have the STR-1 Prototype.

Interesting it seems that there are a half dozen Mongoose maniacs, yet, no one really has a huge stash of old PKs like some of the garages full of Mongooses I've seen.

Yup the STR-1 was there when I visited a few years back.

There are more than a few collectors that focus just on one Mfr. and you rarely see those collections in their entirety.

HANEY

+1

+1K

SE666, Pat the Pineapple, has many bikes SE vintage, as well as alot of history knowledge, and he personally knows the OLD man too. (OM Flyer)and Perry Kramer.

Who doesn't know Scot? I never met the man myself.

famialy photos 041.jpg

Personally I would think it would be a little harder and more exspensive to put together a large collection of SE bikes than it would of Mongoose. Not taking anything away from the Goose guys mind you. In fact I would love nothing more than to visit Waren in Australia and wander around in his sheds for a day or two. Im speaking strictly of production numbers here. BMX products pumped out bikes in much larger numbers than SE. Also SE's slot in the market place was much more specialized and geared more to the kids that raced rather than the everyday bike as basic transpotation rider.

And just what persentage of Haney's entire collection is SE?

SE666 is a new jack.

nonono.gif

Can't compare to Jeff Haney-what you see in the mags. is just a taste of what he really owns...not to mention his knowledge and memory is one of the best.

Edited by 2blader

When talking BMX collecting all around hands down it's by all means Jeff Haney. The man and his colletion are awsome! Not to toot my own horn here but I have a thing or two in my own collection that I don't think even Jeff has. But i would gladly trade those away to him for a bike or frame he happens to own three examples of. Like I said Awesome!

whats SE ? who's is Scot and PK ?

:nah.I.mean:

Ya, Jeff has the Proto. He also has Tims old JU6 and some loopy PKs and such. At one time back in 06ish I had 18 PK Rippers and 6 Quads and a JU6. Sean has ALOT of rare cool SE stuff..... And apparently Brett and Scot made out on camera :Frustration: :)