Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

No podium for US men or women BMXers... bummer

Richie Anderson, Eric Carter and Steve Veltman would be my picks. The smoothest of the smooth.

Darrell Young would have done fine. So would Tim Judge and Harry Leary. You can bet your sweet ass Greg Hill would have done whatever was necessary to find a way to win. And Stu? Have you ever seen the video of him racing the old downhill tracks? Go back and watch 'em.

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

I hear you steve,

I do also think that all the best riders go to the States because that is the only country they can do what they love professionally.

Darrell Young would have done fine. So would Tim Judge and Harry Leary. You can bet your sweet ass Greg Hill would have done whatever was necessary to find a way to win. And Stu? Have you ever seen the video of him racing the old downhill tracks? Go back and watch 'em.

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

Oh yeah, Stu goes without saying I feel. Totally agree about Timmy and Harry as well. I thought about it and realized that I could sit here all day and name off old school and mid school racers that would be kicking ass today had they been born in '92 rather than '62 or '72, so I stopped myself. I would like to add one more thing though. How sweet would it be to have an 18 year old Palfreyman in there to regulate

him some pimp happy frenchies? :wink:

Oh wait, two things. I know it's a dead horse but i'm saying anyway. It's a shame Bubba Harris's career got derailled by so many injuries because that is the guy that would have

brought that shit home. The poor guys lucky he didn't lose his foot. He was as good as anyone ever was dare I say...even Stu, which is something I thought i'd never even think, let alone type.

Mariana Pajon... Women's BMX Gold

Mariana-Pajon-Facebook-oficial-2.jpeg

Beauty does trump nationality... so, I'm totally ok with this now.

:wink:

US Men's lack of podium remains an issue, and I'm afraid there will be no easy fix for that one.

Now here are a couple different pictures of this years step-up jump. One is from the qualifiers at Chula Vista, photo taken by my wife Sauni (the Baroness). The other one I stole from the link posted by Richard Vogt, from the New York Times photo story.

Look close at the third place rider (enlarged to show situation). I don't think that is a good place to unclip. :Creepin:

Dennis. the Chula track is a harder and bigger then one the in the U.K. The Chula track is less forgiving and you need to be spot on. After last years test event in the U.K. the IOC decided they wanted the track dumbed down or tamed down a bit. Don't get me wrong, the U.K. track is totally hard, but not as hard as what we have at Chula. I was siting in the stands thinking that the Chula Track could have a hurt our riders as you have to ride it differently. Do you remember at Chula going into turn 3 the top 3 or 4 guys would triple out of the rhythm into the turn? Nobody could do that in the U'K. they were lucky to double out.

I must say the U'K. is probably the most beautiful BMX track I have ever seen, and I've sen a lot of them. Simply incredible to see in person. It was an incredible experience win or lose. I can only wonder what RIO will bring in 2016.

Nyet

Edited by fbn47

On this whole site there 'might' be 3 or 4 guys who actually raced John George. I am one of them. But since I don't have anything nice to say about the guy I'll choose to not say anything.

This is my favorite picture of me racing John. (that is him sailing over the berm and I didn't do it) Great story that goes with this picture but that is for another time. :)

img723 - Copy.jpg

Sooooo, you weren't a big fan of the Canoga Clowns Dennis?? :lol: hehehehe.. That story JP told at the BMX HOF this year was just classic!!

BMX in the Olympics :Power.Grin:

But,,one thing on the USA team bugged Me... the flag on the USA team jerseys were aiming the wrong way.. the stars go to the front

usa 12.jpg

Ok, all bitching and griping aside about 'the evolution of BMX'.

I agree...but there are kids out there taking things that we started to a whole new level. I have seen videos similar to this before but there is something in the way this kid makes this look simple. (and I know this is far from simple)

Shannon, is this a future Olympian?

I know Tyler very well. He does have the potential to be just that. He's a super smart kid and skills to pay the bills. His ultimate goal is to be a Doctor.

He can manual the entire track too!

BMX in the Olympics :Power.Grin:

But,,one thing on the USA team bugged Me... the flag on the USA team jerseys were aiming the wrong way.. the stars go to the front

Oh yeah, hadn't noticed. That is a left side flag on the right sleeve. I wonder why the people that sewed them didn't realize :wink:

Would have been nice to see USA BMX team medal in the Olympics.

Have no fear though, Usa will always own basketball, gymnastics, swimming.

They aren't sewn on. They are sublimated into the jersey.

Oh, thought it looked like a patch in the photo. Either way, I agree that it's too bad

that it was a detail that was messed up.

Would have been nice to see USA BMX team medal in the Olympics.

Have no fear though, Usa will always own basketball, gymnastics, swimming.

No doubt!! They gave it their all but came up short like an 41 Intermediate trying to jump a triple. hahahaha...

IMG_2337.jpg

They gave it their all but came up short like an 41 Intermediate trying to jump a triple. hahahaha...

:ROTFLMAO:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker