Sign in to follow this  
thumperpilot

Found some old pix from some Museum's from the ABA Grands

This [ix are from the '93 and '94 ABA Grands in OKC, OK. All these goods were either Scott and gOrk Barrttes, Darrin Chan's. on mine. The first museum/show that I ever saw was the '92 Grands put on by Barrette Bros. and Darrin Chan. Good stuff and a very long time a go. This is all pre-website, gatherings, and I new like 5 collectors at this time. Doing these museum's sparked gOrk and I to do the Retro-Rag zine you hear about from time to time. Good stuff and I hope you can appreciate the effort that went into these museums to spread the old school gospel to the masses.

Scan 4.jpeg

Scan 5.jpeg

Scan 6.jpeg

Scan 7.jpeg

Scan 8.jpeg

Scan 9.jpeg

Scan 10.jpeg

Scan 11.jpeg

Scan 12.jpeg

Scan 13.jpeg

Scan 14.jpeg

I love Scott's collection. I've been to Patriot a few times and am always amazed.

Most the completes were mine. Most the frames were Barrette Bros.

Very nice. I noticed his shop has a lot more F/F sets than completes. How much stuff do you still have around Shannon?

To think just the collecting old school BMX stuff for you personally goes back over 20 years. Which makes me realize It was in 92 of 93 that I rediscoverd BMX myself when I found my '74 Moto-Bike. So I'm looking back 20 years on it too. I didn't find my way to the interwebs untill after the Menotomy BMX board self destructed and the first "Old School BMX.com" board was started by Bill and Randy. Yes people even the hobby has history. laugh.gif

that is a rad museum of gear... tons of awesomeness in those pics! Quite an effort schlepping all that around?

Here they are boys. Shots from the 1992 ABA Grands in OKC, OK. The event that could be credited with kicking off the BMX collecting CRAZE!! This is the first BMX/Hall of Fame Museum that was done. All courtesy of ABA BMX and the Barrette Bros.

1992 OK City480.jpg

1992 OK City481.jpg

1992 OK City482.jpg

1992 OK City483.jpg

1992 OK City484.jpg

1992 OK City485.jpg

1992 OK City486.jpg

Not much left. Some of it's in the HOF as well.

What is great is your donation to the Hall of Fame for rare parts. I know you could have sold all your original Bottema stuff for major $$$. Bottema's original number 25 plate shown in picture above my post here.

instead of making money off of it, you donated it all to the Hall of fame for everyone to enjoy!

You are one class act Shannon!

:cheers: :bowdownAll:

cool pics...tons of sick stuff in them. 36_2_25[1].gif

i love cindy's white bear too. i bought a cool #1 plate from her a while back.