Sign in to follow this  
bmxmountainbiker

New video from bmxdocumentary

Check out the downhill track sequences... they really show the steepness and the speed.

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

good stuff ,, tell us more about bmxdocumentary

Alright Richard, what's the deal? There is a ton of footage there from the 'Stu Collection' but that is not Joe Kid. With the ABA stuff at the beginning leads me to think it has something to do with them?

That 'downhill' footage is from the Weinert Mountain race at Escape Country. Awsome track!

Alright Richard, what's the deal? There is a ton of footage there from the 'Stu Collection' but that is not Joe Kid.

That 'downhill' footage is from the Weinert Mountain race at Escape Country. Awsome track!

Glad you verified the Weinert Mountain stuff, Mr. Barron. I thought that had to be that track. Armen Kotscharjan is creating a documentary called "The BMX Documentary" and is putting together some pretty amazing collages of photographs along with interviews and video of racing in California in the early days.

A lot of his other stuff has already been posted in this forum. This is the first time I've seen anything downhill enough to qualify as possibly being Weinert Mountain.

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

So, is there any idea when this flick is going to be released? All this teasing is driving me nuts!

Armen has been working on this for many yers now. He does not have any financial backing so he works on it at his own pace. I have no idea how long it will take him to get it the way he wants it. I would rather he takes his time and gets it right.

John Swarr was pretty much the guy in charge of Joe Kid and the Stu documentary. He edited those down to 40 minutes of running time in the hopes of selling them for an hour slot on TV (with commercials adds up to an hour program).

I hope Armen make his as long as possible for DVD sales. My guess is just Stu's super 8mm footage is about 8 hours. I know Armen also has footage from Mel and maybe Scot and probably others too.

I'm with you on that. Joe Kid and Stu were great, but too short. There is so much history out there it is really hard to fit it into such a small time frame. They are both every good though.

As for Armen's project, however long it takes to get it done is fine by me, and from the stuff already out there, it will be worth the wait.

That is awesome!

Thanks for posting it.

When is the full documentary scheduled to be released?

or is it more of a work in progress? (or is it already out?). I love the interview/footage style.

Great stuff.

My very first race was at Weinert Mountian, coasted my way to third place. As I remember us beginners started at the bonsai jump (I think thats what it was called) The track was so intimidating to beginners that my brother chickened out and wouldnt race. I also seem to remember a lot of kids leaving in a ambulance. Attached is a picture of the 3rd place trophy I won - sweet helmet (LOL)

Snarlin.jpeg

My very first race was at Weinert Mountian, coasted my way to third place.

So.... how fast did you go simply coasting? :)

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

P.S. Any pics of you racing? :whistling:

This isn't from Armen's movie. It's a segment from our ABA BMX PUMP TV show of the late 90's. GT use to help with the show production and they blended the interviews with some old school footage for that piece. Great show and good stuff for sure!

This isn't from Armen's movie. It's a segment from our ABA BMX PUMP TV show of the late 90's. GT use to help with the show production and they blended the interviews with some old school footage for that piece. Great show and good stuff for sure!

It's listed on Armen's site on YouTube. I subscribe to the site (thebmxdocumentary) and it popped up as a new upload.

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

He's been dubbing a ton of our old video masters. Trust me, it's from PUMP TV from the 90's and "WE" ABA did the shows. Look on the logo when they are interviewed. It says PUMP right on it. We have tons of stuff from ABA's first promo film from '77 and we have a ton of NBL stuff we acquired in the buy out. Nobody, has more video footage then us from the 70's up through present day.

Cool. Is he dubbing off all the ABA's old stuff and posting it on YouTube? That would be awesome to be able to see some of that old video.

How did the ABA get the old Weinert Mountain footage? From Stuart's dad?

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

I know for a fact the Weinert footage is what Stu's dad took. I have all the copies.

My very first race was at Weinert Mountian, coasted my way to third place.

So.... how fast did you go simply coasting? :)

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

P.S. Any pics of you racing? :whistling:

I will see what photos I can dig up. I dont know how fast I was coasting but it was all I could do not to run over all the guys who had fallen in front of me on my new Yamaha shock bike. (LOL)

Edited by Snarlin

I dont know how fast I was coasting but it was all I could do not to run over all the guys who had fallen in front of me on my new Yamaha shock bike. (LOL)

That has to be the quote of the year. :lol:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker