Sign in to follow this  
krate-mayhem

GaryLittleJohn project

Hi all here is a mock up of my GLJ Tandem sidehack project,thanks again Ken,am working to fab some alu. blocks and get some more parts.

IMG_8962 (Medium).JPG

IMG_8960 (Medium).JPG

IMG_8974 (Medium).JPG

I'd like to see that thing at Corona! :lol:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

Hi all and thanks,I was hoping someone can help me out with some stickers for my project headbadge and frame that are Gary Littlejohn,don't know if they are chrome,white or clear,is someone making them thanks for any info.

peace,

justdave

how cool is this!

never seen such combination.

would be interesting to do a sprint competition :ThumbsUp:

get some homies together....lets see ya'll jump it! rockout.gif

Hi all had some time to make one bracket need to fab a few more and maybe weld a few braces

IMG_9079 (Medium).JPG

Really unique and interesting project. Nice concept.

Man, ride into any BMX show or race on this, full bmx gear on, and i guarantee minds will be blown!!! Woohoo, how fun would that be?!!!

Hey JustDave, that is definitely an interesting project.

If I may make a few suggestions? If you are planning on just cruising that around then you should be ok with the 2 U-mounts in the rear and only one in the front.

If you are going to ride even slightly hard then you need some modifications. You will twist that tandem frame without a mount to a downtube.

I would recomend a heavy duty spoked steel wheel for the hack wheel. Motomags are too stiff and will tweek the hack if you push the side stresses too far. A steel wheel will flex a bit.

Good luck and do keep us posted on you progress.

Didn't you race a hack against a tandem once back in the day, Dennis? I remember a tandem racing video somewhere where the stoker (back rider) was ejected from the bike rather unexpectedly when they hit the first jump. The captain (front rider) pedaled on chasing the hack solo... :whistling:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

Hey Dave, the decals were chrome, red, and blue, here are some pics of my original finish Tandem so you can get an idea, I'll email some close ups to you as soon as I can get the bike out.

Kevin (KRISTEVIN) is the one to talk to about getting decals, he Knows Gary personally and had permission to make the decals. The last I talked to him, he had planned to have them made. The Hack uses the same decals, a head tube goes on the lower front of the fender and a top tube decal goes on the one cross bar.

DSC01435.JPG

DSC01436.JPG

DSC00789.JPG

DSC00774.JPG

Hi all hope to work on this for my winter project,tweeked the hack a few month ago needs a little help,

10739170286_cbd839bfa9_b.jpg

that thing is sick.   damn, how'd you break it?   

Crazy! Can't wait to see it finished.

Storing that would be a nightmare!

Dude like I said on FB that thing is sick still workin on the monstergoose tandem