Sign in to follow this  
Cycle24-7

CBR Hack???

So
I found this photo in the Impakt sidehack website, in their cool photo gallery of Side hacks from the past. I will bet my 3rd arm, this is a CBR based hack, the rear drop outs, head gusset, and fork tubes all look like the early CBR frame set, I just never saw this bike as a Hack.. Very interesting!

cbrhack.jpg

is this a "wanted" post? Or should it be in the RR&C forum?

I suspect it was meant to be in the main forum, but if it needs to go back to "wanted" just let me or other staff know.

No need to be in wanted, just was hoping anyone who knew about this rig to chime in, as it was the first photo I ever saw of a early CBR set up as a hack. As I find this a very cool set up.

With the early CBR frameset.

Robert and I were good friends back then. He raced for Cook Brothers early on, did you notice the Cook double tube forks on that hack?

I have a couple of pictures of Robert riding and racing my hack (#974) with my partner Steve.

CORONA19.jpg

Corona_76ggrr3_Iso1.jpg

This gave him the bug to get his own hack and his partner/monkey was Herbie Wendorf. Back then, other than the earlier hack racers like JP and others who made their hacks from scratch, we bought the hack then mounted it to a bike. I bought a Littlejohn hack and Littlejohn bike at the same time. Robert bought his hack and mounted it to that Cook you see that he already had.

Here is a picture of the four of us playing aroung at Corona.

img490 - resize.jpg

Yes, I did notice the fork with triple clamps, I love that early CBR frame/fork set..Good stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

I think I once saw a picture of Rob riding the 'S' tube Cook frame in Bicycle Motocross News. But I have never seen a DDHT Cook frame with those rear drop outs before. Totally Trick. A friend of mine has a pair of those triple clamp Cook forks and they're NOS!

:nah.I.mean:

PJ

Here are a couple shots of these very early Cook frames

CBRmoney.jpg

frame side2.jpg

I sold the guy the NOS set of CBR triple clamp forks above and have my last pair on eBay now.

Here are a couple shots of these very early Cook frames

CBRmoney.jpg

frame side2.jpg

I sold the guy the NOS set of CBR triple clamp forks above and have my last pair on eBay now.

Damn Geoff, those forks are so cool! Worth every penny in my book.

The bi-centennial bread loaf (S) frame bike looks like Denny Davidow's old ride that Tim bought from him years ago.

Strat is the keeper of many '70s jewels long before they were cool.

The bi-centennial bread loaf (S) frame bike looks like Denny Davidow's old ride that Tim bought from him years ago.

Strat is the keeper of many '70s jewels long before they were cool.

Yep that s-bar is the one your thinking of. And I'll also add that when I first got into collecting BMX stuff I bought my first set of moto-mags from Geoff!

I really like the look of those forks and those two bikes route66 posted are just so cool. :ThumbsUp:

I really like the look of those forks and those two bikes route66 posted are just so cool. :ThumbsUp:

The second bike is Kevin Cobb's original race bike. He still has it today.