Sign in to follow this  
nycet3

Anyone here own a Moto Pro frame?

I wrote him, said "Ill buy it if nobody else has yet, will you take 200?" He was like "Oh, I got bigger offers then that!!?!!"

So my thoughts where" Then why is it still for sale?"

And how much do you really want?.....Well, Looks like its gone now...Cool little frame though.

The "Make me an offer" approach is tiresome. I sell stuff, I say "I would like this much"..........

Welds gussets and joints are reduced to an absolute minimum.

Bringing things back from the dead. I found a picture of my original Donahue. This was before Motopro came along and rebranded them. I would guess it was one of the first ones, my dad was friends with the guys that made them and brought home an unpainted one. It's the same as the one I had which Roc now has. Note the layback seatpost 1975.

Donahue

Edited by RandyS
  • Like 1

That's pretty great.

Were the Donahues stickered? (obviously yours was not.)

I don't think they ever had stickers, Motopro came along not to long after the first frames were made. That came from the painter/welder who was my dads best friend, he wasn't real positive but believes they made the frames first, hence the name Donahue prior to them being Motopros. It was a copy of a 75 squareback without the Chromoly, good welds, nice dropouts, or nickle. Motopro came along and had them change the seatstays to the Y.

Edited by RandyS

Bob Medrano has a few of them all with original finishes and parts. The company was right down the street from where we grew up. Im gonna have to try and snap a few pics of them when I see him......

Very cool. Would love to see some snaps of those frames.