Sign in to follow this  
SEADOOIT

who is al?

so my friend calls and is sounding excited.tells me he has found a cw seat post for my phaze 1.so now i start asking questions. he tells me that it does not have the sticker but describes the square brace and sweet chrome.he rode with my group of friends back in the day but does not collect. he just enjoys my collection. he builds rat rods and someone contacted him on the classic truck forum about bmx.this is where it gets crazy. he showed me a email from the guy who said he has these classic bmx parts and called the post a als rapid transit cw post.i did a quick google and found it is repopped stuff. did i just miss this? he was trying to rip my friend for 150.00 bucks. he was going to buy it for me and wanted to make sure it was what i was looking for...educate me or point me to the thread i missed.

so my friend calls and is sounding excited.tells me he has found a cw seat post for my phaze 1.so now i start asking questions. he tells me that it does not have the sticker but describes the square brace and sweet chrome.he rode with my group of friends back in the day but does not collect. he just enjoys my collection. he builds rat rods and someone contacted him on the classic truck forum about bmx.this is where it gets crazy. he showed me a email from the guy who said he has these classic bmx parts and called the post a als rapid transit cw post.i did a quick google and found it is repopped stuff. did i just miss this? he was trying to rip my friend for 150.00 bucks. he was going to buy it for me and wanted to make sure it was what i was looking for...educate me or point me to the thread i missed.

ALS rapid transit are a bunch of repop bars that are made to look like old school kos bars etc. they are repooping the shlt out of old stuff. Be carefull.

Check out the Cook bos. stuff for sale on ebay. Al's transit is re-making their bars. I think he's also the guy that remade the son lite turbo hubs. He charges about the same price for his stuff as you'd expect to pay for the real thing. Glad to hear your friend didn't buy that crap.

i was just searching the site for info....google showed alot of stuff. wow i had no idea...they are not excact... them cook bars look weird. so basicly we could build a complete repopped old school bike if we scored one of thoe 86 t/a s

i feel out of the loop.....i guess i need to go read old threads and catch up....those repopped tuf/pro necks look crazy good...

the real crazy part is i just found the post on ebay for 50.00 bucks. wow it looks pretty close..maybe a little tighter bend but that is a nice copy.i have to call my friend and find out the guys name that contacted him.

With all due respect, this outfits stuff is 1/4 the price. I'm not a fan or hate it. It's off from the original but close.

Check out the Cook bos. stuff for sale on ebay. Al's transit is re-making their bars. I think he's also the guy that remade the son lite turbo hubs. He charges about the same price for his stuff as you'd expect to pay for the real thing. Glad to hear your friend didn't buy that crap.

With all due respect, this outfits stuff is 1/4 the price. I'm not a fan or hate it. It's off from the original but close.

Kerry, you're right, it's been awhile since I looked at the pricing. I think when these first came out he had hubs for $800, bars and posts for $200-250, but he's come way down on the pricing it looks like. I see the bars are $59 now, nowhere near what a real set would fetch.

Hi , this is Al from Al's Rapid Transit. This looks like an old thread, but I would like to clear up some of the bad information on here. First ,we STRONGLY recommend not paying 3X retail price for our used products found on a truck forum. Our square brace seat posts are 2" longer than CW ,have a little tighter bend and are available on ebay for $49.99 brand NEW!  Art Bros. Racing and Al's Rapid Transit are 2 different and seperate companies. Art Bros. was producing some very nice looking Son Lite style hubs a few years back, but I think they are out of production now.

Our Cook style bars do not have the Cook Bros. Logo etched in them like the original ones made 35+ years ago. They are also taller, 1" wider, available knurled or non, have less backsweep, less upsweep, and are made out of thicker, stronger heavier material and come with an Al's Rapid Transit sticker on them. Our Kos style cruiser bars do not have a stamped Mongoose logo like the originals. They are made out of 4130 Chromoly or 6061 T6 aluminum instead of stainless steel like the originals. They are available with or without knurling (different knurling than Mongoose) and in a variety of finishes from nickel plated, chrome plated , anodized , raw or powder coated. They are also 29" wide where the originals wre 28" wide.

All of our newest parts feature a MADE IN USA logo stamped into them to help make it easier to differentiate our new products from originals. We do not offer any exact reproductions of any parts and never will. We try to build off of good existing ideas and improve upon them. Our products are for customers who want to ride something with modern materials, and geometry, old school style, but relatively low cost as well. All of our BMX products are made in the USA with the best modern CNC bending equipment, materials, and by veteran BMX welders who have been making the best BMX stuff for decades in California. We also sell classic Mopar car parts , so please keep us in mind if you need a set of pistons for your 572" Hemi, or if you ride BMX and are nervous about leaving your bike outside a liquor store with $1,000. handlebars on it, we can help you out. Thanks  -Al's Rapid Transit

Just curious, why don't you stamp your products with your company's name or initials in addition to the "made in USA"?   Seems like that would promote your brand and also really clear things up for those that may not be real familiar with the original parts, but want to know for sure which is which.

The factory that makes bars for us has the Made in USA stamp already. If we ever make any large scale production we could invest in that in the future, but for now we are just using what is available.