Sign in to follow this  
Roc

Gary Littlejohn Murphy Mono?

I picked this up last week. Can't say I've seen one of these with square seat mast?? I'm thinking 74ish...?

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's a Dan Gurney or what the seller claims, a Gary Littlejohn Murphy?

Not going to change a thing on it. Not even sure if I'll clean it too much? Looking for some info. Any help appreciated. Check the Gurney tires!! :)

GLM-13.png

GLM-1.png

GLM-4.png

GLM-3.png

GLM-5.png

A little info from the seller.

GLM-12.png

Found this. Just may be a Murphy after all....

GLM-14.png

OSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif very cool bike, whatever it turns out to be.

I believe the very first ones were called Littlejohn Murphys. Mine has serial number LM##### on the bottom brackett but does not have a square seat tube. Cool Bike

LM.jpg

Never seen one before, square seat mast is a trip. Cool bike for sure. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

I saw that on the bay. I think it's a Littlejohn. Notice in the Littlejohn ad the bottom bracket gusset that the Gurney does not have. Also look at where the seat tube meets the top tube on the frame in the Littlejohn ad. It's flush as opposed to going past it to accommodate a set post clamp. Now look even closer, the seat tube in the Littlejohn ad looks kind of square to me.

Mi dos centavos.smile.gif

I hate you . just so you know .

and i hate the economy that made it so I was not able to be a player on that . I wanted it bad . congrats . and you are now dead to me .

36_10_2[1].gif

That bike is sick....

Fuck yeah!! Nice Roc.

Very cool!!! I offered him a $1000 for it and he passed, thank god! I didn't want to drive that far.

I was working on offering him a little bit less than that cash in hand. I was talking to him about picking it up this weekend when I go the the Oakland Supercross.

Nice pickup! Looks like a Yamaha Moto-bike fork with a homemade top triple clamp.

that's a rad bike! congrats roc.

I had a blue little John mono shock.. 1974 got it for Christmas.. it was expensive for a bike back then.. I kept it in perfect shape,  it had octagon hand grips.. when I went out of state for school after high school in 1983 my dad put it and lots of other stuff in his truck and took it to the land fill, we called it the dump back then... we didn't know it was special... it's in the corona California dump..

Bad ass mono !! #roots