Sign in to follow this  
I cant drive 55

What was your best score for the price?

Nice! :) Do you still have the magazine.

My best score ever in my life is a magazine in 1977 bicycle motor cross this change my life started racing that summer in 1977 and never stopped. Met my wife all the starting gate help manufacture White Bear, VG and boss products. And host ncbbmx shows and that is the biggest score in my life

No that that magazine end up getting lost after maybe a year LOL I will find a picture of it and I will post it maybe a little help finding it

Yard Sale $20 Bucks! :nah.I.mean:

IMG_2408-1.jpg

Edited by Bigg Dirty

That is to good to be true. Looks like an early one too. :wow:

IMG_2408-1.jpg

About 8 years ago I met a guy on craigslist selling old BMX bikes. I went to his house and it turns out he's a bike hoarder... but unlike some, he's happy to sell them. He sold me about 15 bikes over a couple years for dirt cheap. Here's one of the better ones. Paid $175. It was dusty and the tires were dry rotted but otherwise it was pristine! I just polished it up, replaced the tires with some comp pools. Everything else was bone stock including the brake cables. I held onto it for about 4 years then got bored and flipped on ebay for somewhere around $950 to a guy in Germany. If I can find pics of the others, I'll post them up as well.

2269617245_71a68ecbcb_b.jpg

Here's another one from the same guy. Paid $125. Stupidly I sold this one too. Brightest dayglow paint I've ever seen...

6734126955_63be96400f_b.jpg

Edited by RL Paulie

A broken JU6 frame on Ebay for $45 shipped about 7 years ago......... and a really cool free complete Race Inc RA7. :nah.I.mean:

That is to good to be true. Looks like an early one too. :wow:

IMG_2408-1.jpg

Well It's True Buddy, And It Get's Better Almost Forgot The Seatpost>>> :Creepin: 003-2.jpg

It Was 15 Or 18 Bucks I Can't Remember At The Swapmeet, A CrackHead Sold It To Me, It Had To Be Cleaned. :Creepin:

0372.jpg

wtf?? So, how much did you pay for it?

A few years ago I posted some pix of my bikes on facebook. My friend Jill who I grew up with in IL, who now lives in FL, sees them and tells me she still has her GT from when we were kids. She said she kept it all these years but she doesn't know what she's going to do with it, she just didn't want to get rid of it. I jokingly said that I knew what she should do with it, she should give it to me. She comes back and says if I can get it, I can have it. Well after talking to her about it and making sure she really wanted to do that, another friend of mine down there who's into bikes too said he'd pick it up from her and send it to me. A little while later it's at my house.

Jills GT PPF 01.jpeg

Jills GT PPF 03.jpeg

Jills GT PPF 05.jpeg

Jills GT PPF 07.jpeg

It cleaned up super nice!!

GT Jills PP FF cleaned 01.jpg

It's going to get the Woody Itson Z-rims back on it, but I've been super lazy about cleaning them up. Those mags are just temporary until then. I did have the bars repainted because there was just too much paint missing, but everything else is just cleaned with a few things replaced. I had NOS of the exact same brakes, so I put those on, the seat had a million little cracks in it and it needed a new one, I found another set of bubble font pink A'me tri's and put a different set of white tires on it that I had. She wanted me to get it looking nice again so I felt I had to do at least those things to do so.

My bikes comp Jills GT.jpg

Sweet bike, What year is it?

A few years ago I posted some pix of my bikes on facebook. My friend Jill who I grew up with in IL, who now lives in FL, sees them and tells me she still has her GT from when we were kids. She said she kept it all these years but she doesn't know what she's going to do with it, she just didn't want to get rid of it. I jokingly said that I knew what she should do with it, she should give it to me. She comes back and says if I can get it, I can have it. Well after talking to her about it and making sure she really wanted to do that, another friend of mine down there who's into bikes too said he'd pick it up from her and send it to me. A little while later it's at my house.

Jills GT PPF 01.jpeg

Jills GT PPF 03.jpeg

Jills GT PPF 05.jpeg

Jills GT PPF 07.jpeg

It cleaned up super nice!!

GT Jills PP FF cleaned 01.jpg

It's going to get the Woody Itson Z-rims back on it, but I've been super lazy about cleaning them up. Those mags are just temporary until then. I did have the bars repainted because there was just too much paint missing, but everything else is just cleaned with a few things replaced. I had NOS of the exact same brakes, so I put those on, the seat had a million little cracks in it and it needed a new one, I found another set of bubble font pink A'me tri's and put a different set of white tires on it that I had. She wanted me to get it looking nice again so I felt I had to do at least those things to do so.

My bikes comp Jills GT.jpg

I've had a few little come ups in my day

$140. It was complete with some gold Ukais and a Anlun stem. Think everything else was random bs. Cooks fork.

Shinburger owns it now.

IMG_6228.JPG

IMG_3593.jpg

About 10 years ago I am driving by the local Salvation Army and what do I see? I stop walk in and the bike is mine for $40.00 (they were asking $60 and I talked em down). And yes I still have it. The seat is my favorite part.

And then there is a black 1979 GJS find but that is another story.

Hey Brian I remember your JU6. You did a helluva nice job fixing that one!

I was going through pics on old hard drives last night and found this. A pair of brothers bikes given to me for free.

8470179610_628be8297b_b.jpg

I won these off ebay for a low price...never seen another set before.

It was a good score I think. :)

Alloy Kingsbury's.

Kingsbury-Alloy-1.jpg

Kingsbury-Alloy-2.jpg

$100 Buy it now from eBay - about an hour and a half from my place

here is the ebay pic at the size I could see it

100 table.tiff

I taked to the guy on the phone and he said he wanted to get rid of all the junk he had laying around - his kids weren't interested in it and he couldn't be bothered selling it

So he put it all in a box to be collected by a mate of mine

The score contained - a 81 Redline proline frame - the one with the 5" steerer

DX Cranks, Bottom Bracket and Pedals

STR V Bars

and a box of old junk

that included a Cook Brothers Slant stem

I have never seen those either? Very cool. :nah.I.mean:

I won these off ebay for a low price...never seen another set before.

It was a good score I think. :)

Alloy Kingsbury's.

Kingsbury-Alloy-1.jpg

Kingsbury-Alloy-2.jpg

You could be right about that. Who ever did them had a patent pending. I remember doing that too, with sand and screen to sift the sand. Made a belt buckle. Funny! you brought back a memory. :)

Those pedals are really cool.

I cant help but wonder if someone made them in shop class. In junior high, we learned sand casting.