Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Kuwahara First model KZ-1

Here is my KZ-1. I bought it in California and imported it to Japan where I work and live now. It is a late 1979 or early 1980 model and was the very first batch of KZ-1 models to hit the USA. Actually it came into the US as a frame and fork set and was built up by Sandy Finkleman of Cycle 'N Things personally. He built it up with popular parts of the days such as the Diamond Back bars, Torker Ultra 6 stem, Dia-Compe MX Brake, MX Kashimax seat and Tioga one piece cranks. This KZ-1 started life in Japan, moved to the US where it enjoyed many years of fun and has now retired back in Japan where I take good care of this bike and am slowly finding the correct parts to restore it. I plan on keeping the original parts as well so I can always go back to the way it was first built.

If you want to know more about this bike, my other Kuwahara and anything to do with Kuwahara than please check my Old school BMX Kuwahara site here http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/kuwahara/

Cheers,

Jamie

Jamie's Old School BMX Kuwahara Site

my_kz00.jpg

my_kz04.jpg

--------

Kuwahara KZ1 specs:

Kuwahara Frame/forks

Kuwahara bars

Original Mushroom grips

Ukai rims,Suzue Hubs

Dia Compe MX1000 brakes

Suntour stem

Elina Flyte Tech seat

Renthal layback seatpost

Addicks seat clamp

Sugino Supermaxy cranks and Sugino chain ring

MKS Pedals

Kuwahara_11_low_res.JPG

Hi, thought I would add some updated pictures of my KZ-1, it is a KGB frame which I have a feeling was a Kuwahara frame (not Tange) sold as frame only and built up by local dealers.

my_black_kz17.jpg

Sign in to follow this