Sign in to follow this  
RL Paulie

Ever seen one of these?

I picked this up off craigslist a couple months ago and thought it was cool. I was thinking of commuting on it, but it's just too big. I've only seen them in the 86 catalogs so it might just be a one year experiment for Mongoose. Early mountain/comfort bike.

8183974119_eae1b84c5f_b.jpg

8184010112_4d4604c2e0_b.jpg

8184009582_008493c418_b.jpg

8184011058_86902171ae_b.jpg

I would grift it for the pro class 26's and call it a day. There are some vintage MTB guys that would buy the shifters and canti brakes too. Not for much $ though. They are cheap lol

Great survivor though, In college we all rode late 80's mtb's. Most of them got rode hard and put away wet. Certainly as many casualties as bmx. That bike would not have looked like that if it belonged to one of my friends. So it is a nice survivor all things considered)

Edited by bmx bandit

I'd really hate to part it out. It looks like the only non original parts are tires and seat and it's in great condition. Anyway the rims are 26x1.5.

Dig the Bicycle Exchange sticker.. Being an 86 that means it was probably built by my old boss Phouc.

Drew

:13:

People only buy them for the wheels it seems.The rest of the bike you cant normally give them away it seems.I see them on CL quite a bit with different wheels and they just sit there for months.

People only buy them for the wheels it seems.The rest of the bike you cant normally give them away it seems.I see them on CL quite a bit with different wheels and they just sit there for months.

That's too bad. It really looks like a comfortable cruising bike. I just wish it were a couple inches smaller. I couldn't pass it up for the 50 bucks asking price.

Cool bike

never seen one but the wheels are the business ;)