Sign in to follow this  
TXBONE

Grabbed this today....

****Please excuse the spelling error in the title****.

Pretty rad bike and story i think......

The guy I got this bike from bought the frame and fork from Charles personally in 86' at the local track in nor cal as Charles was walking with just the frame and fork. Charles told him he was switching to being sponsored by CW so he didnt mind selling the bike. The guy I got the bike from also told me he built the bike up with the parts he liked when he was in 6th grade. Told me he bought the cranks new in 86' and put the 48 spoke wheels on it because he loved freestyle and wanted those wheels. Dude said he had a Haro freestyler also at one time but didn't have any more bmx stuff.

Some more info would be great on this Frameset or have any pics of Charles racing on it. Also, it is baseball stamped with a very low serial.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by TXBONE

Man, you're on a roll.

Thanks Robert, I have been waiting and exchanging emails with this guy for the last 4 months trying to get this bike. He travels frequently and I finally got a chance to meet up with him today.

here's a pic from my website of Charles on a white Hutch.

on other pics he race a chrome bike.

HutchCharles86.jpg

here's a pic from my website of Charles on a white Hutch.

on other pics he race a chrome bike.

HutchCharles86.jpg

Radical. :) thanks for posting that pic. There is a definite possibility this is that exact frame and fork he's pictured racing on.

It would be rad to find some close ups to see if the factory zeronine sticker and red hutch stickers are in the same spots, then you would for sure know its the same Frameset.

Super Rad Score there !

Nice haul and story

Here's some better pics I took today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Only lets me post two pics per post.

image.jpg

Heres some more.

image.jpg

image.jpg

rad

Hell yeah, that's cool! I'm always surpised we don't see more Hutch bikes sporting red parts as it was a big part of their team colors. It's great to see/have a bike with some history like that. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

I know Chuck T personally. I could give him a shout to see if he might remember this one.

Thanks, That would be awesome. :) please let me know what he says.

Thanks a ton,

Sean

Hell yeah, that's cool! I'm always surpised we don't see more Hutch bikes sporting red parts as it was a big part of their team colors. It's great to see/have a bike with some history like that. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Thanks :) these hutch and factory zeronine stickers sure make it a true, rad, old survivor.

I have a Dvd with Charles on this bike , I know old Chuck Tee too!

WOW!

I have a Dvd with Charles on this bike , I know old Chuck Tee too!

:) you know what the DVD is called? Or is it some personal footage dubbed to a DVD? I'm interested in a copy if that's somehow possible.

If anyone has any more info or pics of this white Hutch that was supposedly ct's, please chime in and or post it up.

I really appreciate your help an advance.

Thanks,

Sean

I will be bringing this Hutch to the Anaheim bike swap tomorrow so people can check it out in person.