Sign in to follow this  
Joe Buffardi

HITECH 24" Golden eagle series

Well here is a frame that I just had to pick-up. It has a gold plated finish and chrome forks. The sponsor plate is just zip-tied on. There is no serial number on this frame and it is very light. I did some research and there is not much out there for pics to compare. I have seen the GT/GHP style frames but this frame is very different from the others. This is a rare bird and deserves to be ridden again.

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

• Like 1

i got a 20". it has the other style drops and seat stays. cool frames.

the forks on your 24" look like CW's. the style i have have an angled cut at the bottom of the fork legs.

Right on!!! I was thinking CW too on the forks. I would love to see your Hitech. This bike was in a storage unit in Riverside, Ca. My friend bought it and had it stashed in his house and never did anything with it. I asked him if I could buy it. We agreed on a fair price and did some trading and here she is.

that sponsor panel is interesting... surprising in some sense that we didn't see a lot more of that back in the day.

cant wait to see it built up :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

?

That guy meant to post in the performer thread, Joe. I moved it.

You sure it's not brass plated? I remember Elf and I think CW doing some frames in brass back in my orange Y days.

I am not sure what kind of plating it is. It is very strong and looks like gold but it's probably brass. I have not tried to clean it at all. I am doing some research on this company. I don't usually build bikes from the mid to late 80's but I would very much enjoy hunting for some high end 80's parts to build it with. I had some great 80's bikes years ago. I would love to build this rare gem. I am curious to know what parts they used. Do you remember these bikes at all Woody. I just found a rare HITECH decal on E-bay. I will post a pic of it when I get it.

Reminds me of a BASSETT 24..Front half anyways, rear was usually a looptail...

Yep looks like a brass finish, Bassett front end and I've seen those drop outs somewhere before but I can't put my finger on it. Not CW or Elf, almost VDC'ish.

Rear drop outs almost look like DG....

Hey Joe, the name sounds familiar for sure. Like the other guys said, the nose looks like a bassett, so maybe Chuch Rogers made them? If it had a loop rear end, and a tall seat tube, it would look just like a bassett. If it wasn't made by Chuck, then Voris would be a good bet back then. He built a lot of frames for a lot of people. You can track Voris down on-line and ask him yourself. He is always happy to answer peoples questions. He is the same happy go lucky guy today that he was BITD.

Post a thread on it.  Would love to see it.