Sign in to follow this  
brycebarker

jmc 435

this frameset and bars have been with me for a long time . i assembled this bike in 1980 and raced it in 80/81 till i built a black shadow. i disassembled the bike for parts to build a jmc short for my sister, and the bike was never reassembled. it had a very limited use as it was only raced on. this frame was acquired by my dad, larry barker, from jim melton in early 79. it was tack welded only for a year , then dad welded it and we powdered it in the team color. that is why we put a prodyne sticker on it. it was basically the factory prodyne 20". it has no cracks, rewelds or dings. all finishes are original. i tried to use identical or equivalent parts in the build. hope you like it.2013-04-30_17-14-52_396.jpg2013-05-01_15-45-50_885.jpg2013-05-01_15-47-01_306.jpg2013-05-01_15-47-53_66.jpg2013-05-01_15-48-43_774.jpgjmc4351.pdf.pdf]

It's cool you've hung onto it all these years. I like the Prodyne stickers on it and your choice of wheels. Great lookin' bike!

Neat project to say the least. Dig the history.

Very cool. Love it.

looks great.

nice bike with history!

thanks guys. this bike is the reason i stumbled across this site. i was going to paint her candy red and had already gotten stickers from jim. i started reading your opinions on og finishes and decided she was perfect. thanks for setting me straight.

Snakebelly/comp II combo on that would put it over the top - glad you didn't fuss with the og finish - she's a beaut as-is

ps - best use of a proto Prodyne clamp I've ever seen !

What happened to your Blk Shdw ? Any pics of those early riding days ?

no riding pics unfortunately. this bike had irc tires that were a snakebelly/comp II style back in '80. i may look for that combo again. these tires were taken off my darrell young that i just got back from my brother after 20+ years. these still have a lot of life left in em. my black shadow was swapped for a shadow which i blew the head tube apart , then got my dy. i had the black shadow till around '96 when i put it together and sold it to my friends son for 75 dollars. he left it unlocked at the market. jmc bars ,fork, araya 7x ,pro neck etc. had i known.......

Ouch ! But that's water under the bridge these days - so when can we expect the DY making an appearance, they are my drug of choice so you got my attention

As for the tires - you were probably running raleigh red dot, which were considered JMCs secret weapon on the track.

Awesome JMC Bryce!

I probably cut, mitered and preped the tubes on that frame in '79. I was working at JMC when that frame was born.