Sign in to follow this  
steve bourke

MCS Mantis

a friend is looking for some help for his son.

they have a Mantis mini with some sort of press in bottom bracket. according to him it is worn out and cant find a new one. so before he shells out the cash does anyone know what he needs or can use in place of it?

thanks Steve

I am sure he already contacted MCS but I know when I was looking for a similar BB for a Titan mini I was told that the MCS Mantis ones fit and to call them. Also some good road bike shops carry or can order some weird sizes and BB types. Thats how I ended up getting a Headset that worked for the Titan. I have a Mini Mantis that I may be selling in the near future let me know.

Contact Profile, I know they have them. They are most likely the same bearing that was used on the Magnatanium Mini's because the were the same size. They will probably even have the spindle as well. It was a a few years ago when I had to order them but they said they had a ton of 'em.

Those bearings for MCS Mantis the bottom bracket are the same ones for the Titan Mini. They are called “Aircraft Torque Tube Bearings” the specs on ones I had on a Titan Mini were:

1 1/16” OD

5/8” ID

9/32” wide inner race

1/4” wide outer race

Shielded both sides

You can get them from Homer Croom at Coastal Bike Supply as well.

Good luck.

On 5/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, christopher d said:

did they every make the the mcs mantis in steel/chromoly 

Yes. I don’t know timelines but the early ones were chromoly.