Sign in to follow this  
Spur

BMX Society Bike Check #1 reservoir.grizzly

We could not think of a more perfect bike to start off the series. It was the hands down winner of the 70's class at the past BMX Society International Reunion. Many of you probably haven't seen this bike before and we thought it deserved to be the first one we highlight. So enjoy this Bike Check and look for these weekly, and who knows, you may be next!- Jake

BMX Society Bike Check #1

Screen Name: reservoir.grizzly

Human Name: Barry Lomibao

Bike: '75-'76 Webco

22.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

Frameset

Frame: Webco Team Replica Monoshock

Fork: Ashtabula '75

3.JPG

6.JPG

Steering

Handlebars: Webco

Stem: Ashtabula '76

Grips: CAMCO

Headset: Wald

11.JPG

Drivetrain

Cranks: Ashtabula

Bottom Bracket: Wald

Sprocket: Takagi Three Arrows, 44T

Pedals: KKT

Chain: TYC

7.JPG

Brakes

Coaster: Bendix 70

8.JPG

Wheels/Tires

Rims: Araya 20"x2.125" dimpled

Hubs: ACS front

Spokes: 105 gauge

Axles: 3/8" front

Tires: Goodyear Eagle MX

5.JPG

Seating

Seat: Vinyl diamond quilted '76

Seat Post Clamp: 1"

9.JPG

4.JPG

Miscellaneous

Pads: RadPad crossbar pad

Provenance: Venice, CA

Bike History or Project Background: “This bike was acquired from its original owner, Honda Bob, a Honda motorcycle dealer out of New York. After I received the bike, I called him to find out more about it. He bought the bike new for one of his two daughters. She was about 10 years old at the time. He said, since he had two girls, he would try to make boys out of them. So, he ordered this Webco from the Webco catalog where typically, he'd order motorcycle parts for his shop. After he'd received the bike and assembled it, his wife saw it and felt it wasn't appropriate for a little girl. He took the bike to his machine shop where it stayed hanging for the next 30 plus years, never ridden. With the exception of the crossbar pad, the bike pictured is completely assembled with equipment provided by Webco. Bob also included an envelope with all the literature and spare parts that he saved from when he'd initially assembled the bike. Inside the envelope were original copies of the "Thank You"letter from Webco, Warranty card, an extra set of stickers, instructions for sticker placement and instructions for bike assembly. Also included were a pair of axle covers, extra chain links and the packaging from the Wald headset &crank bearings. The old Honda sticker on the sea tpost is a dealership sticker they'd place on their motorcycles back in the day.”

12.JPG13.JPG14.JPG21.JPG20.JPG19.JPG18.JPG17.JPG16.JPG15.JPG

All that literature needs to be scanned and posted to the site if it hasnt been already. Rad bike.

barry is a great guy and has a really nice collection of bikes.. this bike was a great choice for the award at the show and 1st bike check. good job !!

Hell yea!!! that thing is sick barry!

Definitely a dope and deserving bike.

Barry'is a great dude, with a keen eye for dailing in a dope whip and sussing out some amazing relics - his cruiser win last year along with his VDC short really showcased his mastery in assembly.

And since it wasn't even mentioned, yet should be added - Homeboy ain't even of age to have lived it the first time around, yet he sure builds them as though he was - allot is too be said for taking the time to research and present something so substantial.

Kudos .... Nice job brother and congrats yet again !

Great stuff young Jedi! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

wow, that is a very nice find!! :ThumbsUp:

Very well deserving! Great bike!

Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments. I've been meaning to post this bike up for a while now and the Bike Check series gave me that extra push that I needed to get it done. Thanks again! I'm definitely looking forward to the following week's Bike Checks.

WoW ! Outstanding. That's great. OSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif

Outstanding original bike

Great bike. I really appreciate the efforts to keep everything documented. That history is awesome.

Wow thats one sweet rig in unreal shape. :bravo:

This definitely warranted its 1st place title at the reunion! I love the story and the "extras" you received with this time capsule. Barry has a keen eye and all of his builds exude a silky smooth style! Kudos Barry

"Stresses from the wrong direction, however, can cause permanent damage. If you are center punched, or land badly on the front wheel or upside down, or if you ride into a tree or perform some other feat for which the frame is not intended, it (and perhaps you) will suffer."

No one here's ever been center punched or landed badly, have they? Who would do such a thing?

:Power.Grin:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

P.S. No mention of the infamous "Flying W" in the warranty warning, so it must be OK to do one of those.

Edited by Richard Vogt - bmxmountainbiker

You know I love Webco's!!!

You know I love Webco's!!!

Not more than me! Nice bike Grizz!

Sign in to follow this