Sign in to follow this  
wagonguy

Kastan guys.....

Just picked up a Kastan Kex Pro with Redline dropouts. On the BB it has the redline oval stamp but inside it says KEX 50. I've been looking at comparable frames on the sites, but nobody lists their serial numbers. Just how early is this one?

Doug

These are the sellers pics. I haven't got a chance to take new ones yet.

$(KGrHqF,!lcFHCEtM9NFBR1g(QEMcQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!qsFHM(EYMQEBR1g(3nI2Q~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJBkFHJ74iinDBR1g(FJJLw~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16N,!)EE9s2ufg)2BR1g(coyZQ~~60_57.JPG

Yes a very early one. Red was the first color available and the first ones used left over drop outs and left over bb shells. Too bad it doesn't have a red first gen strut but still extremely cool!!

Very early one for sure. My buddy had one like that with both the red strut and traditional fork. I remember he wanted both as he was skeptical about the Uni-Blade fork. He knew Linn so he had an in so to speak, He also had red Kastan bars and seat post that matched the same red on the frame. I don't remember seeing another one like it. It was sweet when he built it up. All red with white pads, grips and seat. Grey Ambrosio rims with white GT hubs. SICK bike!!!

Yes in the super early days everything was red. Forks, struts, bars and the Uniblades/Struts.

Thanks guys. This one isn't quite as nice as the pics make it look. It looks as if the entire bike was spray bombed, and the bars and seat post were sanded down. Mismatched cheapo wheels, couple of small dings in the frame. Probably going to part it out.

That's a shame it does look pretty nice in the pics.

It's a good candidate for a refinish. Just not my cup of tea. It'll be a good project for somebody.

It's a good candidate for a refinish. Just not my cup of tea. It'll be a good project for somebody.

:Power.Grin:

This one looks like it's from the same batch. I have the paint codes for Kastan. Just FYI.

20130710_113223 (Copy).jpg

Oval tubes?