Sign in to follow this  
66alfa_gtv

DG California Pro

Unable to send messages right now, but I found the right stem, sadly, it's a red one...

Nice I always wanted one when I first saw one in THE BIKE SHOP in downtown Honolulu. The bike was in a center display upstairs back in 1979! I recently went back to visit the BIKE SHOP and thought about this badboy. I am glad you have your dream bike!

I use to manage THE BIKE SHOP in Aiea. I moved to Hawaii in early '89 and moved mid-93. Idid a lot of racing there and the other islands.

So far, tracked down a proper stem and a good used set of gold Race Inc bars. Still trying to find a Shimano 44t sprocket and black DG pads. I would have started putting the bike together, but super busy with work and a kitchen remodel.

JT is keeping the tire for now, but knows I'm interested if he ever sells it.

Steve -

SR Stem and Race INC style bars were correct. Did you get Jody's California Pro? 

Edited by BenOr

Ben caught me off guard last night.

He contacted me regarding this bike - he has the original DG plaque which would have been mounted to the lower part of the seat mast. Another cool thing came to light - Haney has the original number plate, though I doubt I would ever have the chance to reunite plate and bike.

Still!

I've been meaning to take pics and post this thing for ages. I have been focussed on a bunch of other parts of my life, and simply have not found the time to photograph it. Since this post started ages ago, I managed to find correct Race Inc bars and a correct SR stem.

Pads have been a thorn in my side - I found an original black/gold DG stem pad, but no luck with the frame and crossbar pads. I'm a patient guy, but these impossible to find pads have made me start to lose interest in going further with the bike.

So it sits.

I will try to get that plague from Ben. It's short of miraculous that it still exists.

• Like 1

I don't know... Haney is such a great guy and a purest I wouldn't be surprised if the plate he has belongs to this bike he wouldn't be against reuniting them. At a cost. Can't hurt to ask and indeed he is an awesome guy.

I agree, Jeff is a gentleman, well worth asking the question.......

Nice I always wanted one when I first saw one in THE BIKE SHOP in downtown Honolulu. The bike was in a center display upstairs back in 1979! I recently went back to visit the BIKE SHOP and thought about this badboy. I am glad you have your dream bike!

I use to manage THE BIKE SHOP in Aiea. I moved to Hawaii in early '89 and moved mid-93. Idid a lot of racing there and the other islands.

I remember seeing a couple pics of you racing bitd on Oahu. I raced from late 1978 beginner to August of 1980 South Pacific nationals NBA event. At Hawaii Raceway Park. Before I moved to SF Bay Area and ABA tracks. Used to bug Rory Ingano and guys at Eki Cyclery after school at Kalakaua in Kalihi. And hangout with Brian Jeters as well as knew the Local windward guys from riding jumps at mountains and Kaneohe ones like Safeway jump and King School jumps. Also Robert Williams and those guys.

Sent ya a message in hopes you still have this beautiful bike and still looking for a big tread Comp II. :)

I just snagged this today and instantly thought of you. I had to grab it before anyone else did.

7E0DE66C-226A-4FEC-85A1-495B2B514B1B.jpg

EA2E7E9F-3881-43F1-8830-18085E21A772.jpg