Sign in to follow this  
66alfa_gtv

Enter the Super Cheetah

Currently under the knife by our very own Joe Buffardi. I made a trade with an awesome East Coast collector. I have a Competitor Cheetah, and now I have a Super Cheetah, the lightweight chromoly sibling.

This frame came from the original owner, who worked at a bike shop in the 70s. Originally a bronzey-goldy color, he painted it a couple times. The seat mast was broken off, and there were other dings and holes.

Originally, these bikes used the seat mast as a seat post. Simply cut to size and you are on your way.

Here are a couple pics of the repair in progress.

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

Nice! You know it will be done right with Joe doing the repair!

Can't wait to see the final product.

It will be some time before I build this one, mainly due to finding parts. Plus, I gotta create a sticker set for it since originals appear to not exist. Still, I cannot believe my luck this past month. First the DG Cal Pro, and now this.

The Super Cheetah has turned out great. There was a little rust to deal with but I fixed it without removing any tubes. This frame is really neat and Steve is a lucky guy to have found one.