Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BOTY Comments & Discussion

Whats funny, is the sidehack section has 43 views, and zero bikes / hacks....

Um, what are they viewing???.

Wishful thinking?

Newbs Probably trying to figure out what a side hack even is/was.  Wish I had room or garage for one. Would love to take my boys for a spin.  

I think people who have bad weather or work too hard should be ineligible. 

How do we vote, and when.

After the submissions close, voting polls will be built at the top of each category's thread.  It will be self evident when we get to that stage.

dang... there are some NICE bikes in mid-school.

Good show, gentlemen... good show.

:bravo:

Well I just posted up one last entry since submission was extended.  Lots of nice old, mid, and new school bikes posted.  I am interested to see some other last minute entries. 

Geez, suddenly we have a freestyle class!

Maybe I'll keep submissions open until February.

Not.

But glad this extension made a difference for people!

Thanks for extending it. I almost missed it!

Great bikes this year!

I think there should be a new class for repainted/powdered bikes.  I have such a disdain towards them these days, I will not vote for one.  In a way, it is not fair, as some of them are very nice in their own way and well cared for.  Ha Ha I blame you BMX society for jading me away from all of those thick powder specials.

There are some instances when powdering is ok but what always was the mark of the Society was the OG bikes always were voted for first. Personally, I don't like it when people take no time to do a nice job in their photos. I know all of us cant afford fancy cameras or professional shots but at least take your bike outside. I wouldnt not vote for someone because of mediocre pics but if there were two awesome bikes I had difficulty choosing between I'd definitely use creative pictures as a tie breaker.

Geez, suddenly we have a freestyle class!

Maybe I'll keep submissions open until February.

Not.

But glad this extension made a difference for people!

How about until March?? I got a few I might get ready by then.  :power.of.suggestion:

Seriously though thanks for being flexible even though it didn't effect me. Seemed really slow early today and was wondering if it was worth the extension until the last minute. Some sweet ones squeaking in here.  

Thanks, for extending the deadline. I added 1 race and 1 survivor to the mix. Hopefully, I'm not too late, for the party. Lots, of nice bikes, in the submission threads. Good luck to everyone, who entered. 

Everyone's got to love BMX society's BOTY. Thanks for the email to remind me :)

Just took some pics of my Blue Max and entered it.

Always great to see so many great quality builds!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE IS THERE AND THE LINK WORKS.

POLLS WILL OPEN AFTER THIS PROOF READING PERIOD.

YOU CANNOT VOTE NOW... BUT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DO ONCE WE MAKE SURE THERE'S NO MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS.

PM ME IF THERE'S A PROBLEM... I'VE GOT A BUSY DAY TODAY, BUT... DON'T PANIC, WE'LL GET IT SORTED BEFORE VOTING OPENS IN THE EVENT OF ISSUES.

Personally, I don't like it when people take no time to do a nice job in their photos. I know all of us cant afford fancy cameras or professional shots but at least take your bike outside. I wouldnt not vote for someone because of mediocre pics but if there were two awesome bikes I had difficulty choosing between I'd definitely use creative pictures as a tie breaker.

I think you've hinted at a thing folks miss - the "tiebreaker". Better pics are one. I also include what I'll call completeness. For instance, only 2 of the 3 pads on a race bike. Or, a pre-bent lever hung where it's hung on the horizontal bar and droops.

It will be interesting this year. Lots of the "old guard" don't have entries. And lots of new guys, which is awesome!

I think there should be a new class for repainted/powdered bikes.  I have such a disdain towards them these days, I will not vote for one.  In a way, it is not fair, as some of them are very nice in their own way and well cared for.  Ha Ha I blame you BMX society for jading me away from all of those thick powder specials.

There are some instances when powdering is ok but what always was the mark of the Society was the OG bikes always were voted for first. Personally, I don't like it when people take no time to do a nice job in their photos. I know all of us cant afford fancy cameras or professional shots but at least take your bike outside. I wouldnt not vote for someone because of mediocre pics but if there were two awesome bikes I had difficulty choosing between I'd definitely use creative pictures as a tie breaker.

Its not always possible. I have 2 feet of snow in my yard. Its dark when I leave for work, and dark when I get home. On the weekends I generally see my kids. I guess I don't really see the big deal. Its a bike competition, not a scenery or photography contest. 

I agree. It's about the bike, not the waterfall in the background. I would've liked to have gotten some better pics last week, but it didn't happen so I decided to not enter my bike. Once Steve extend the entry deadline, I figured what the hell?! I used pics from February when I completed the bike. They were taken outside and there are no distractions, just a bike. It's not like my bike has a chance to win anyway, but at least the pics weren't taken in my kitchen or leaned up against the washing machine.

Ok... so I guess everything is OK...  last call for correcting errors in the BOTY polls, if I don't hear from people real quick, I'm going to go ahead and open them for voting.

Ok... so I guess everything is OK...  last call for correcting errors in the BOTY polls, if I don't hear from people real quick, I'm going to go ahead and open them for voting.

i sent u a pm.

thanx

Ok... Voting is open.

Thanks again to all of you who submitted bikes...

I appreciate it.

Couple more things...

If you cannot vote, it may be because you are a recently registered member.  

This is not meant to give anyone grief.  If you are still here next year, you can vote.  The intention is to safeguard the integrity of the event.

Exceptions...    

If you are a new member who entered a bike, YOU CAN VOTE.  Just PM me or Spur and we'll adjust your status so you can vote.

Please be advised that I will be traveling all day Dec. 23rd so may not be able to help you on the Dec 23rd.

Also, if you have been here 6 months or more but find that you can't vote, pm me and I'll adjust your account so that you are able to vote.

good morning everybody !

how many bikes are we allowed to vote for ?

can we vote in all  the categories ? do we have to ?

what r the general voting rules ?

Sign in to follow this