Sign in to follow this  
Todd Lyons

X-Games.com Documentary Video Series on SE Bikes!!!

Thought some of you guys might get a kick out of what happens "Behind the Scenes" at SE Bikes. XGames.com is doing a 4-part documentary that follows me over to our factory in Asia. If you watch closely, you'll see some sneak peeks of our 2015 line of bikes. Part 1 & 2 are below. Parts 3 & 4 are not yet online. I'll post up when they are posted to the X-Games website. -This is pretty cool for BMX!  :rockout:

- Todd Lyons

PART 1

http://xgames.espn.go.com/video/10173622/behind-brand-se-racing-episode-1

PART 2

http://xgames.espn.go.com/video/10258432/behind-brand-se-racing-episode-2

XGamescomPart1FeatureVideoonSEampToddLyo

XGamescomPart1FeatureVideoonSEampToddLyo

XGamescomSEDocumentaryPart21.jpg

XGamescomSEDocumentaryPart25.jpg

good vids... I watched one of these the other day, must have been either a first draft or a different episode.  I'll have to watch the rest when I get home from the office.  I'm trying to stack some chips at the moment.

YO! Part 3 is up! This episode strictly shows the production of a complete bike at the SE factory. Frame welding, painting, decals, wheel building, assembling, the whole 9 yards. I think this gives a very good inside look at how dialed & high-end the SE Bikes factory is. 

XGamescomSEDocumentaryPart33.jpg

XGamescomSEDocumentaryPart32.jpg

XGamescomSEDocumentaryPart36.jpg

XGamescomSEDocumentaryPart37.jpg

Cool Todd, thanks for sharing.  The thing that I was most impressed with when I got my OM was it was damn near ready to ride when I took it out of the box.  The brakes were installed, the headset was pressed in with the fork installed.  It was a easy set up.  I was off and riding in under a hour after opening the package.  You can't ask for any more than that, because we all know when you get that new bike you want to ride it right away.

I saw some tig welding in part three of the video.  Are your frames all tig welded or are they also mig welded? Are the frames totally hand welded or is there some of the welding that was done by machine?  I know you didn't make the video, but it would be cool to see the heat treating process on the aluminum frames.  Thanks for sharing and keep up the hard work.