Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

A Unique PK Ripper

will measure when I get home

Im sorry, people with multiple accounts will be banned (and replaced)....

Really Jon? Ive never seen an OG JU6 with a square headtube decal. Do you have any pics? Its funny because every time I look at the headtube on this bike, it always make me think it was a Cycle Pro (Foiler and Spoiler) headtube decal. :lol:

The reason why i say JU6 is that the sticker I have is signed by JU himself and is dated 1978.....just a assumption I guess.  Whats your thoughts on square headtube decals Brian??  Send me a PM if ya don't mind.

Also, I remember Greg Hanna has a Loop Quad and his headtube badge is square but its not a sticker its fabric (if i remember clearly)

ill post a pic of the back of the decal in a few.

that's not me, Brian, somebody with a lame sense of humor and IP cloaking software.

Jon,

It seems like it might have had the square head tube decal, but interestingly, there is a bubble logo "shadow" there too I just noticed today.  It's shadow is a little more faded than the square area, but darker than the rest of the exposed frame.

PS... the test account is what I use to test out certain functions that the new web tech is working on. I wasn't intentionally using it here... didn't realize until later.  More symptoms of dementia.

Jon, Ive only seen a pic of that headtube decal on a STR1 but we all know anything is possible. I just wondered.

Robert (nonamecruiser) recently acquired a very nice Blue Ano Floval Flyer (loop taill), very similar to the Breithaupt attributed ano Floval that sold a few years ago. Robert's does not seem quite as faded.

I mention it because anodized SE stuff is interesting... even if the Flovals were a little later than this PK.  Maybe he'll post it... it's a very choice specimen. 

Steve just some info.... as reported by inside BMX plus November 1978 . SE racing has picked up rider Kevin Renker from nowhere Nebraska.  maybe a lead ???????

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, Tommy. 

In a conversation with Perry recently, he kind of shrugged it off as a Bastian-ism... my term, not his, but to paraphrase, basically he said Bill Bastian would take liberties.  So the few of these that ever existed may just be attributed to that. 

:Idunno:

I had an original unpainted PK, purchased outside Chicago in 1981. I had it anodized in 1982 by a relative who worked at a metals coating and fabricating shop. The bike was stolen in 1984, I have no pictures of the bike. I am guessing by the low amounts they were all done custom like mine, but anything is possible. I would give a an ugly sum of money to have it back. The kid who stole it is in prison for murder, allegedly the bike was in an attic for a bit and stripped for parts. Had Flight Cranks, Red Line Neck, V Bars, Araya blue rims. 

There was at least a small run OEM finishes... all on round top tubes. Rod Beckering confirmed it prior to his passing - he and some other factory guys also had them. My friend Dan came up on another blue one, in better over all condition than mine, in terms of the ano being less sun-faded and what not.  Then I also found a gold one after the blue one. Gold also a round top tube, naturally. 

I also have a floval in Ano, that Kendall Crabtree confirmed doing the ano on for factory dudes. That would have been when Kendall was at SE. 

A lot of info came out over the years since this originally got posted.