Sign in to follow this  
uncleg084

Graco MX 500

I got this last summer at a car show. It was missing the tank, rear fender, some of the number plates, and grips.

Found a guy that had the parts nos. Think it looks good for a mostly surviver.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love that, in about 76/77 I thought those were about the sickest thing on wheels.

Good one. :cheers:

Nice! I had one in red. How much does it weigh?

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

A buddy had a Rampar in red that looked very, very similar.  As stated, that was the shiz BITD before BMX brought the "less is more" thought into our lives.  Great bike.

That looks real good. sounds like I missed out on some Gaco plastic for my example. I have had one of those sitting around waiting for me to get to it for a long time. It's missing the tank and the front fender. As well as the crown plate for the front tipple clamp fork. So I've been going back and forth over weather I want to build it of sell it.

Does yours have the 3/4 inch diameter handlebars on it? Mine does and I have been playing hell for years trying to find a set of 3/4 inch BMX grips for it. Another reason for the "sell column."

Anyway, one hell of a bike you got there!  :rockout:

That looks real good. sounds like I missed out on some Gaco plastic for my example. I have had one of those sitting around waiting for me to get to it for a long time. It's missing the tank and the front fender. As well as the crown plate for the front tipple clamp fork. So I've been going back and forth over weather I want to build it of sell it.

Does yours have the 3/4 inch diameter handlebars on it? Mine does and I have been playing hell for years trying to find a set of 3/4 inch BMX grips for it. Another reason for the "sell column."

Anyway, one hell of a bike you got there!  :rockout:

The bars are crazy small. I got 2 sets of the grips when I got the other parts. I have another graco it's a MX1000 missing all the plastic and the seat. Haven't decided what I'm doing with that one.

Thank for the coments guys.

Gary

Are you coming to the June show? maybe we can work something out.  :wink:

I wish. I'm in Michigan. All I can do is look at the pictures and think about all the fun.

Maybe some day.

Gary

Fantastic example of a really cool Graco! Complete with 22" front wheel of course! I still like the 22/20 idea, ha

This bike kicks ass looks like a old 50cc motor bike even has a bigger front wheel I think it's a 22. I have seen it a few times at the Waterford oaks show his kid was riding and it looked bad ass best bike at the show shit I even voted for it !!!!!!

Dope boinger !

Here's mine patiently waiting it clean up - missing the front fender, aside that it's dead stock.

It's my understanding your graco shared the same platform with a few brands - rampar, kent and roadway, I believe (with slight parts selection differences, mainly the bars and seat, an the plastic accents ----- and the obvious larger 22" front wheel that the graco only came with)

My friend had the red rampar version when we were about 12 - it was the balls - we'd jump off the old sears warehouse loading dock, till we cracked it one day and he came back the next day on our first glimpse if a true BMX bike - a shiny nickel mongoose motomag with clear winner's grips and all - those bikes were the start of it all for us.

image.jpg

Can't wait till my little guys are able to ride this one !

Oh - found this one on the 11hr drive back from vaca'in down in OBX, N.C. for $10 at a church thrift shop just off the main strip ---- my wife and kids were tripping and there I am asking for tools to break it down a bit and try to fit it with our over packed SUV

Not pretty, but well worth the smirks and aggravation.

Wow yours has the one part I don't. The chain guard.

Graco frames where different from the rest. With the dual down tube. Most of the others where the some. A611A657-D7DC-4064-AB94-C20B7F02ADC3.jpg

My son on ours.

5B668761-A485-4842-8F16-A245CEB968EA.jpg

A roadway I have