Sign in to follow this  
Yardsale2

Cleaning over spray off candy finish.

Ok I picked up a 1979 Torker and it has some spray paint over spray on the red finish of frame and rims. Now for the dumb question should I try to remove it or leave it and call its speckle finish ? Lol It's not that bad and I sure the hell don't want to mess the candy red up . image.jpg

image.jpg

I would leave it. I like the way it looks. Just my opinion

I would leave it. I like the way it looks. Just my opinion

Yea after staring at it for about three hours I came to that same conclusion I AINT TOUCHING SHIT !!

you could try a little lacquer thinner on a rag and carefully wipe it in a inconspicous area to make sure it doesn't have a bad reaction . Then use some car polish to shine it up then wax to protect it

The rims are easy - anno is "in" the metal. You can use most solvents to clean those off. But, even that might be overkill.

I'll bet for what you have give the wheel a nice spin and spray with WD-40, nice and thick, then, come back in 5 minutes and it will rub right off. Anno isn't a coating quite like paint, so, you can take a lot of chemicals to it. I soak colored anno hubs in carb cleaner and never have had an issue. And that's way more caustic than WD-40.

The candy paint on the frame, we all know how delicate that is, so, I'd not muck with that unless it really got to you!