Sign in to follow this  
Donnie

PK Ripper - What colour?

Hello. 

I have a really old PK Ripper which a buddy of mine raced back in the 80's.

It is all original with all the original parts.

I'm looking to completely restore the bike and I'm trying to decide what colour to paint it. It is currently a Gold colour but I Gold isn't my thing. So I have sent the bike to a guy I know who sand blasts old furniture to get rid of the paint.

I like the GT Freestyle colours of the late 80's and I always wanted a Pro Performer but never could afford it. So I'm thinking of maybe doing a "PK Performer Tribute" themed frame with maybe the fluro pink with white parts.

I'm not looking to use the old parts again as they were the wrong colour and pretty beat up (scratches and paint chips) - so I have traded the parts to my buddy for payment to blast the frame.

My question is, would fluro pink be the best colour or should I go another Freestyle colour from the late 80's?

Any help would be great.  :Power.Grin:

I reckon your taking the piss?

Lol.

Dayglo orange of course...

Red or blue, if day glo is your thing go ahead but you shouldn't ruin your pk by doing it. I also think it would have been better to trade your frame for one that actually NEEDED to be powder coated. That's one less survivor out there :/

Lol I thought to myself this guy has a death wish !!

GT Performer pink would be my choice. .

I was even hoping to get a Dayglo Pink colour in a Hammer-tone effect. Just to give it that extra pop.

And disc brakes song good, but I think even a fixed wheel would be cool as well.