Sign in to follow this  
dubplatestyle

Bicycle Harbor / Harbor-Lite / Bartley's Bicycles / Barts

I am in Phoenix. I didn't race enough to mention. We spent most of our time at a neighborhood track. The harborlite mini is in the attic but I can get to the bars. One pair was originally red ano but has faded to silver

• Like 1

I am in Phoenix. I didn't race enough to mention. We spent most of our time at a neighborhood track. The harborlite mini is in the attic but I can get to the bars. One pair was originally red ano but has faded to silver

I'll keep watching for your mini. I never have seen one. I'd like to compare it to the pics (if I can find them) of my son's Lil Chief when he raced for Navajo. I did go back to the track later and saw Bart Bartley riding his Harbor Lite.

My harborlite frameset is shown in the other post. I can't figure out how to post new pictures here. Maybe it is a Junior? Pretty small and has a Euro bottom bracket.

Edited by mrraceinc

Sounds like a first rate shop in its day.

Good stuff!

The best! And to think I got paid to do all this. We had a lot of riders for our local team, and a great national team. Thanks.

Your harbor lite looked pretty big for a mini but maybe it's just the pictures that look that way. Measure the top tube when you get a chance!

I don't know when I will get a chance to get up in the attic. It is pretty tough to get to it right now but if I get a chance, I will. It seems like it had really small diameter tubes from what I remember but I can't be sure to I look at it.

I do know it was a small frame or I would have built it up years ago. So maybe not a mini but small for sure. Here are the bars.

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7433.JPG

IMG_7434.JPG

Edited by mrraceinc
  • Like 2

Damn! Very cool!

I don't know when I will get a chance to get up in the attic. It is pretty tough to get to it right now but if I get a chance, I will. It seems like it had really small diameter tubes from what I remember but I can't be sure to I look at it.

I just picked up a Harbor Lite Pro F&F. Do you or anyone on this thread have any frame and fork decals sets?

• Like 1

I just picked up a Harbor Lite Pro F&F. Do you or anyone on this thread have any frame and fork decals sets?

I saw that come up yesterday. Nice work. Good Luck on finding everything for it.

Hey Dub, Here's the video of Carl and the team receiving the trophy in your pic at the start of the thread. Let me know if you need any other BH or J Roos vids.

Hey Dub, Here's the video of Carl and the team receiving the trophy in your pic at the start of the thread. Let me know if you need any other BH or J Roos vids.

This site doesn't want to add my video to my post. You can view it at the Chandler BMX Reunion site, along with all of the other BH stuff.

post it up! I've only seen a few.