Sign in to follow this  
ToddH

Race Inc. Models and differences

Alright Hays, is this just a foiler tube RA-7?

Just figured it's not your normal RA, so worth a drop in to the thread.

IMG_1132.JPG

• Like 1

Yep. They did a run of them in late 76/early 77 (yours) and a run in late 79 (mine). The early ones (yours) were simply a Cycle Pro Foiler that Bastian decal'd as Race Inc's ( FMF dropouts, long seat stay gusset, brake bridge and no serial on the BB. Cycle Pro were the only Bastian frames that had a serial in 77). Mine is a reg 79 RA7 with the flat dropouts, short seat stay gusset and an RA2xxxx serial number.

ra4.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 7:23 AM, Brian Hays said:

Yep. They did a run of them in late 76/early 77 (yours) and a run in late 79 (mine). The early ones (yours) were simply a Cycle Pro Foiler that Bastian decal'd as Race Inc's ( FMF dropouts, long seat stay gusset, brake bridge and no serial on the BB. Cycle Pro were the only Bastian frames that had a serial in 77). Mine is a reg 79 RA7 with the flat dropouts, short seat stay gusset and an RA2xxxx serial number.

ra4.jpg

I don't think I've seen another one of these except yours. Wow. Very cool.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:25 PM, markmc97225 said:

I don't think I've seen another one of these except yours. Wow. Very cool.

There are a couple nice ball burnished examples floating around and there was a guy who messaged me here with one exactly like mine. I tried helping him and gave him ALL the specifics on it and he said twice that he would look for more info online (eyeroll). I must not know anything. I told him I was a cash buyer and he vanished. Have i mentioned lately how much I loathe the human race? Here it is. I probably upset him when I told him the frame was great but the rest needed to be in the garbage.

123.jpg

ra.jpg

On 3/26/2021 at 8:04 AM, Brian Hays said:

There are a couple nice ball burnished examples floating around and there was a guy who messaged me here with one exactly like mine. I tried helping him and gave him ALL the specifics on it and he said twice that he would look for more info online (eyeroll). I must not know anything. I told him I was a cash buyer and he vanished. Have i mentioned lately how much I loathe the human race? Here it is. I probably upset him when I told him the frame was great but the rest needed to be in the garbage.

123.jpg

ra.jpg

Well that seat looks comfy. So maybe you overstepped. LOL. Crazy. How many are the older ones like mine? Most I've seen now are newer?

I've only seen two of the 77's like yours. Yours in blue ano and another gold ano one.