Sign in to follow this  
brycebarker

Decal Removal

I am trying to get some 33ish year old frame stickers off of the same age powder coat. The stickers are very thin and clear color. Not like white stickers that have some stretch to them. I tried a little goof off but was hesitant to really soak it in. I am trying to save the paint. The sticker peels like a grain of sand at a time and I am getting impatient. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I would do my best to retain the original decals/stickers but if you have you mind set on removing/destroying them try a hair dryer and a credit card (or similar) to scrape them off.

What frame are you removing them from? Any pics?

Don't rush into it, ageing decals on an old part ooze soul!

.2c

Thanks for the input. I did also try the hairdryer. I have a heat gun also, but that can be pretty radical so I haven't tried that yet. The decals have no name or color left to them whatsoever. They basically look like rotten scotch tape. It is a Prodyne cruiser and I have NOS decals that I would like to apply to it.