Sign in to follow this  
sodbuster

Kawasaki BX200 revisit.

they actually came out in 1974.. but I don't think they were in production until 1975..... I have a couple and the frames are slightly different but I don't know which is 75 or 76

I remember the Yamaha A-models hitting the showroom floors prior to the summer of 1974. And only heard roumors of the Kawasaki bike much later in the year. Not sure exactly when but it was after the new school year had started, so yea that sounds about right Steve. Anything seen at the tracks in '74 was most likely part of the R&D program.

Unlike the Yamahas the Kawi's are hard pin down year model wise. I can date a Yamaha at a glance!  :lol:

your right Sod. I do have pictures of kawi's in 74 but they are team bikes

Thanks to Bigfire, my Kawasaki is looking good! He sent me these shocks, and they where clean!

DSC00303.JPG

DSC00304.JPG

• Like 2

Heres another shot...

DSC00344.JPG

• Like 1

Looks good Aaron nice touch with the team stickers I have a set of og ones Iam going to use one day...

Thanks to Bigfire, my Kawasaki is looking good! He sent me these shocks, and they where clean!

She's lookin' fine! Kawi bikes always hit my "moto button" whenever I see one!

Dang Warren! Coming across the the serious factory documentation on the fork and bar change. Excellent hard info on a question people have been asking and wondering about for awhile. I know I've pondered this one myself. Now we know! Thank you. :rockout:

So, here are the OG rims I got when I bought a Kawasaki project. Both wheels the axles are missing. The spokes are super tight and feel strong. Even with the low count of 22 or 28, I forget. Spokes seemed like DT spokes with the black coating. Im on the fence with them since I dont have axles, was gonna ask BigFire, if he may know of any?

DSC00798.JPG

DSC00797.JPG

DSC00792.JPG

DSC00795.JPG

DSC00796.JPG

DSC00791.JPG

DSC00793.JPG

On 11/21/2016 at 6:52 AM, Cycle24-7 said:

So, here are the OG rims I got when I bought a Kawasaki project. Both wheels the axles are missing. The spokes are super tight and feel strong. Even with the low count of 22 or 28, I forget. Spokes seemed like DT spokes with the black coating. Im on the fence with them since I dont have axles, was gonna ask BigFire, if he may know of any?

DSC00798.JPG

DSC00797.JPG

DSC00792.JPG

DSC00795.JPG

DSC00796.JPG

DSC00791.JPG

DSC00793.JPG

I’m a little late to this party, but if you still need guts for the wheels, I have a bunch NOS parts for front and rear wheels, including  axles. Also NOS rubber rim liners (with OG part #’s. Moving, so HMU if any interest?