Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BOTY - The Bike of the Year event is coming, will you be ready?

Won't be long now.  Will you be ready?

Let me remind you what will happen... some of you will have snow fall, maybe a lot of it, when it comes time to submit in December, and that will make it hard to get your photos.  December is a month and a half away!

You will have holiday shopping responsibilities, you will have pre-Christmas get togethers and then you will have bad weather.  Plus it gets freaking dark at 4pm.  You will go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Take your photos this weekend.  Get ahead of it all.  You will be glad you did in December.

Flash back time....

The 2006 70's 20 inch class winner, and the bike that would go on to win it all, TIM's 1976 Jeff Bottema DG-1:

Bottema.76_DG.jpg

Flashback time...

2008 80's 20 inch class winner, and the bike that would go on to win the over all Bike of the Year in 2008, Tom's Tim Judge replica build, Hutch!:

Toms)Hutch_Judge_replica.jpg

won it's class, then tied for the BOTY, was beaten in a tie breaker.. bugger it. :-)

B0CU0026.jpg

Man, that's right around the corner...

I still don't have anything built.  :Idunno:

My frame isn't ready but everything else is ready to go. It's a waiting game for me.

I may throw my hat in the ring.....

I've got this crappy old nickle Pro Am I threw together slowly over the past 5 or more years that has yet to be seen, I might be persuaded to shine it up and pop some Glamour Shots....

You know me, if I built it this year it'll be in there. Seen before or not. 

I got nuthin....Unless you add a Motard class to BOTY... I am deep in my Dirtbike addiction again. Just finished a badass XR650R....or also called the Bigredpig...Haven't built anything new with pedals, in a long time. You've seen every bike I own by now. But I will be watching BOTY just as closely as always, look forward to what comes down the runway.

DSC00265.JPG

Maybe we need a Mopar class too...

Bad ass toys brother

Can't wait to see everybody else's bikes

Maybe we need a Mopar class too...

Bad ass toys brother

MOTY??? Sounds good to me........:o)

I am a seat clamp away from being ready....nothing spectacular, but, need to keep up my 1 bike/year run.

Thanks for the heads up.  I should have at least one bike ready this year.  I'm kind of disappointed I have a couple of frame and fork pairs I've made no forward progress on this year.   :Frustration:

Was trying to get a ride finished for the junior class, but don't think it will happen.