Sign in to follow this  
nycet3

Is everything on Facebook?

That really sucks.

Huh??? There's an actual bmxsociety.com?? It wasnt invented by FB??

Jake, 90s page?? Didnt know. Thanks for the invite. :) I knew you were absent from the mid page you started. Ive even whined to Steve numerous times about your lack of FB interaction. I fucking hate fb. Complain about it ALOT but am there about 53 hrs a day. Its like crack...

Jake, 90s page?? Didnt know. Thanks for the invite. :) I knew you were absent from the mid page you started. Ive even whined to Steve numerous times about your lack of FB interaction. I fucking hate fb. Complain about it ALOT but am there about 53 hrs a day. Its like crack...

Um, it wasn't a secret ya whiner.

Lots of pampas people in Facebook....

So true

Musta been because Brian Motherfuckin Hays wasnt notified. Whats the name?

Topic thunder ......

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I know what it feels like to be a Facebook contributor and it ain't pretty, some can never understand, but a man has got to do what a man has got to do ....

Serious tho - I don't care for it much as I said - but we all do sound like bitter old men, it's just another venue, it's not the only thing

The sites have slowed to a crawl well before Facebook.

Allot of the long standing members have or are finally fading, not feeling there is much to share or see anymore - or on to different things.

To me that sucks - I don't have the other escapes - no rc cars or fishing or gun collecting or motorcycles or boats or muscle cars etc

The core guys our age got in sometime back - we were younger, lighter and not so bitter n twisted ... And those that left didn't really get replaced with similar, if anything it's yahoos that didn't get it as kids and def. don't get it as adults.

Allot of schmoes roaming the halls these days that care less about integrity and more about....... well nothing, nothing is sacred to them.

And honestly there's no one left to appreciate the real stuff or original sentiment that started all this.

I don't know about you, brother, but I'm 15 pounds thinner and 25% more beautiful than I was a year ago.

I'm guilty as charged, and I apologize. I'll start doing a better job of getting on the site, rather than FB.

I'm not on facebook for a number of reasons, not the least of which is I don't want people from bitd getting in touch with me. 

I keep my friends list right around 100. when it starts growing I just delete people that just post crap... like what they eat where they are I don't care about that stuff.

I only use it for the BMX groups. I stopped using it years ago. Instagram is where it's at

I'm only really on FB for the "fluted seat post group" anyway. Those guys crack me up, but are a little rough around the edges.

:Power.Grin:

• Like 2

I prefer it here, on Society... I rarely, if ever go to the FB-Society page....Id rather hang here with you guys anyways...Even though im not around as much lately, this is still where my BMX interest are...

I use FB, but, it's cyclical. I've been in, then out, of several groups. They have a good idea, but, flame out. I expect give it time, and things will come full circle.

I only post research here. Won't waste time anywhere else.

I use FB to hang with BMX buddies who would not be here.

Kind of lost my steam to build new bikes and haul them around to bike shows to get 2nd place.

Lost a bunch of enthusiasim here over the animosity regarding other pursuits that are not BMX.

I am only on FB for BMX and the entertainment...

I keep a bike stand and some tools in my recording studio. A couple weeks ago I worked on a bike for the first time in months. Damn, it felt good. Was exciting. Woke me up.

It's good to see some friends showing up here who (like myself) haven't been around in a while. A trend perhaps? Maybe we can draw in a few others.

People are lazy and FB makes it too easy to "lurk" and avoid getting involved on the site, Instead people just like and comment quickly and it looks like they're involved. Plus you have no control over the content on those FB group pages, it could be wiped out, they could switch to a community format and kill it, people may ignore it if it gets annoying. Regardless, bmx society is THE website were all the data will remain and history can be preserved.

• Like 1

I'm not on facebook for a number of reasons, not the least of which is I don't want people from bitd getting in touch with me.

You and Trevor really are twins.

This is a valuable place for a bunch reasons.

heck yes I learn more about the history of BMX as a hole. on this BMX site then the other 5 I am a member of. I do not post much here my builds are not what most here like. I am not a curator / 

stuart of BMX. just some one who grow up during the Start of BMX.. that still likes it. this   is still one of the best sites going. but  I do kinda fell like you can hear tumble weeds blowing by the cob webs.

I know what you mean about the tumbleweeds. That said, this site even when at it's peak never had the numbers you see over at the museum. But it was never about those kinds of numbers. though that would be nice a different path was taken here. The path of quality over quantity. sure you'll still see filler in s few threads. But the bulk of the content here is solid gold.

So true

I checked into it the other day and you were already a member.....burn.

You and Trevor really are twins.

I don't want Trevor finding me either. Dude is like gum on your shoe.

• Like 1

So true

I checked into it the other day and you were already a member.....burn.

Its cuz whats his name added me the day I asked, Prick :)