Sign in to follow this  
TrulyOdd

Broken Parts - What did you break?

have you ever broke anything?

thought it'd be cool to see what bmx stuff people busted BITD. a frame, stem, cranks, forks, etc...

post it up....

it'd be great if you had pics.

here's a pic of the OG graphite skyway tuffs greyboy and i blew out launching the sidehack at the fullerton skatepark. the last pic is when it happened...

post-1243-1184467384.jpg

post-1243-1184469090.jpg

post-1243-1184467552.jpg

post-1243-1213905478.jpg

:oof:

Ouch!

I remember that day.

Landing gear forks does anybody remember the end plates cracking ? one set of mine the whole end plate broke off I remember them having sort of a bad rep. VERY COOL PICS!!!

Sydney trip 003.jpg

In my early days I broke everything ! 
Forks, including every Tange fork. When the TRX and Team Goose forks gave up I bought the Bottemas and never had a problem ever again. 
Snapped a set of alloy bars off.
Snapped 3 different alloy stems.

and Tuffs. Lots of Tuffs, 

and this frame. 

I've taco'ed a few alloy rims, had a Shotgun II saddle break in half, and in 1999 I blew up an OKG mag on my old GT Mach one jumping it off a ramp made of packed snow on the morning of New Year's Day, now that one HURT.

About 3 seat posts and a set of maxy cross cranks.

BITD I was very fond of Redline Forklifter bars and stems.  I broke or stripped two of the 4 bolt versions.  I think I only owned one of the 6 bolt versions and wasn't much better. Bars were my absolute favorites, stems were stinkers.

I remember jumping off the loading dock behind the local supermarket and bending the shit out my 1st gen GT pro bars.

Oooohhh

I forgot...

Crossbar on the stock box bars from my original Raider broke when landing a jump from a car hood ramp we had for years behind the local church.

This is how my late-1980s Flight cranks looked sometime in early 1996.

rvogt_brokenFlights_1996.jpg

Photo courtesy of Steve Bell.

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

Ultramax cranks, two times at least. My last set had my name engraved in them and I would not ride em anymore sold them new at Merced.  

Chains, and Skyway pedals all breakage coming out of the gate.

Only used one Zeronine plate ever, real nice red color. One crash and it blew up, cracked right down the center, and a bunch of the slots cracked as well. Pulled the velcro out and threw the rest in the garbage.

My dad was given a Kuwahara frame by Howie Cohen when he was dealing with him. I built it up and went to a jump spot around the corner from the house. I hit the jump at full speed and wasn't used to the geometry and the bike totally kicked. I flat landed in a curb endo stance and pulled it off , but the top and down tubes both bent behind the gusset. The rake was like 100 degrees. The other was a bunnyhop as high as I could off a curb on my JMC Shadow, split the head tube and the only thing keeping the front end to the rear was the brake cable. This ended up being a tuning issue with the supplier to JMC. The sad part is that I threw the frame away:(. Never broke anything else though, besides bones!

Broke the steerer tube out of SE Standing Gear forks when I was 12

Severely bent a pair of Spinner forks the next year.

Broke a few Laidback and Snake posts

Cracked a DK single thick XL invert stem.

Cracked a Kastan Pro Stretch frame.

Oh I forgot the DX seatpost too. Snapped the clamp off the top.

Just bent in half a couple forks, both times my fault, sorta.

I ripped up my Addicks sprocket teeth, not my fault. They look great but dont hold up.

Neither did the one set of Grab On grips I owned.

Edited by Racer

I've bent a ton of 1pc cranks, alloy bars and alloy rims, but the worst thing I did was crack a friend of a friends PK Ripper frame at the head tube. Needless to say my parents weren't very happy with me for asking for the money to replace. I also allegedly put a hairline crack in a buddies Robinson, but I'll never take the blame for that one :nonono:

Hutch Hollywood bottom bracket shell.  Trying to learn can-can's.  Pulled a few off.  Didn't pull a few others.  One footed landing on flat ground from about 5 feet up... 

I exploded a freewheel, on the starting gate, Helyer Park San Jose, ca..It was the main, I coulda won, instead, i pushed my bike to a dead last position.

I bent my ultramax cranks casing a set of doubles.