Sign in to follow this  
Texasbmx

What are you going to be working on this year?

The end of 2014 is approaching us and with a new year comes new projects. Whats on your build list for 2015, if anything?

Got a bunch in the chamber. Hope to get to a few in 2015.

Hell yeah! Glad to see the community is still building bikes and not everybody has gone away just because of repro gear.

I'm still working on a rebel and then I have that redline I picked up recently. Probably won't get to that this year though...

I plan to at least begin working on my 24 Prodyne, I got a '78 Proline I'd like to finish up and I've been hoping to get a few missing parts for a early 70's project. It was Rob Lynch's first bike with a raised bottom bracket  :rockout:

I have one or two...

What's a "repro"? :)

I tried to spell reproduction about 5 times and I couldn't get it, so I left it as repro haha.

That 70s project sounds badass Lionel! Can't wait to see it.

I have another Patterson and a 20" Nomura to screw together.

I hope to have a 99 Quadangle rolling this spring

• Like 1

I have a Bandito cruiser, 83 Haro Freestyler and a 85 Pro Racer. Hopefully they will all be completed in the upcoming months.

Edited by A_Falcs27
  • Like 1

Hoping to get my mongoose tandem done just need a few more bits. And I will get going on my JMC . And who the hell knows what may pop up the year is long lol

I'm working on some DG and Tahoe Racing cruisers.  I've been real slow acquiring parts  I'm hoping what I need will show up for sale or trade this year. 

Going to finish off the GJS next year (hopefully)!! Finally sourced some pinchless Flights for it - YIPEE!!

And then I will start work on the RA24.

I have a bunch of unfinished projects laying around. Most notable is my 84' Torker Freestylist followed by a factory chrome 85' Futura Freestyler. I have a few things to change up on my 86' RL20-ii and am hunting parts for my 88'. Have a US Trickstar project waiting to get started on after I finish up my Jap Trickstar. Nothin most of you guys are interested in but cool to me either way.

I am hoping to finally get my new Cal Custom cruiser built.  I've been accumulating parts for about 4 years...LOL

A son and loss of job kind of put the brakes on things for a while but I'm kind of looking forward to moving forward this year.  Carbizguy got me motivated!  If he's building again, I have to build something!  hahahaha  He can't be the only Darksider building kick ass cal customs.  

Here is the frame I'm starting with.  It's too far gone to leave the original paint so I'm going to have to get it redone.  That's really what's holding the project up.  I don't really want to do it!!  I've tried cleaning the rust but it's just made the paint worse...Check it out and let me know if it would be sacrilege to re-do.

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

I finally want to finish up my blue/white Profile Prostyler, chrome Wilkerson Airlines, chrome 2-Hip and maybe my 84 Haro. I'm really close on two of those, not so close on the other 2, but that's my plan.

Damn... This is going to be a great year of bikes being built!

Probably the Kos for the 5th consecutive year. Although I need to go get my rims from the anno stripper today. Just need to clean them up and take them back for anno. Any tips on how to get the rims prepped for anno would be appreciated. I think it's ready to go together after the wheels are finished. So that should only take like 2 more years. LOL

I've been trying to find the right parts to complete a 79' Mongoose, so that's one project. Have a couple junior bikes I'd like to finish, but what I really want is a 24" Thruster Tri-Power.

My 79 Proline is coming along nicely. I have most of the parts but the wheels are still a part I'm not sure on. I'll see how it goes.

My other project is a recreation of my first bmx bike. Just a no-name dept store bike but it was a fun bike. 

My plans this year are all Panda-centric. Finish my nickel ProAm (brake and TT pad!), and then probably a total make over on my blue Raider. I was struck the other day by the fact that my ProAm has pedestrian parts like an OPC, and it's hi ten low end little brother is built with NOS three piece cranks and wheels I built that would fetch many times what the frame would. I built it originally with everything I wanted BITD, but even in real life back then I swapped all the bling to a ProAm frame when I could afford it. Coaster brake Femcos, 'goose double stem, box bars, and quilted saddle are all on my wish list...