Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Evolving

on_the_origin_of_SE's.jpg

Slowly, at a nearly imperceptible pace... this is getting closer, ever evolving towards the ideal form, best suited for its environment.

Team_PK_Evolve.jpg

evolution_victorian_illustration.jpg

• Like 2

I can see intelligent design in that, in regards to aesthetics :) My fav colour on a PK! Awesome!

• Like 1

Stellar! If Comp II's aren't the best looking tire ever made then I don't know what is. Do you have a PK in every shade of blue now?

• Like 1

wow! and it get's even better. Linking Darwinism with the pure perfection of collecting Old School BMX!!!

GREAT STUFF!! 

Edited by Donnie
  • Like 1

I think so, Jake, regarding the blues and I agree, the Comp II is a good looking tire. 

Mark... not sure what's next.  I never know until it happens really, something falls in my lap that would work, or it occurs to me that something in stash would be an interesting addition. 

I've got a couple other projects that I just can't get through, full blown, stage 4, "Completion Avoidance Syndrome".  It's weird.  On the other hand, I've been having fun tuning the PK's... which seemed done at one point.

• Like 1

Sweet bike

Looks dope Steve!! Dig the pic too.

Photo makes it look aqua. I was like WTF?? :nah.I.mean:

That's a beauty, SB.

Mark... not sure what's next.  I never know until it happens really, something falls in my lap that would work, or it occurs to me that something in stash would be an interesting addition. 

My 2 cents - the only gold on the bike is the pedals. Right pedal, wrong color. Tires, seat, grips all black, so that would be my first try. Chrome or blue might work.

Idk man I think the gold looks pretty dope...

• Like 1

I dig the gold pedals. I think that adding one bit like that, that maybe doesn't match the rest sets a bike off. A special color hubset or pedals especially. A bit of flare in either of those components sets it off, I think of the wings on Hermes' or Mercury's feet. Mythical go fast stuff.

I'm noticing a way-not-era-correct decal on that plate though! :P

Just playing, that bike is together! Love it!

I dig the gold pedals. Why?

Because it says "I needed those pedals for race day, but the store only had gold". Back then, performance came before color coordination. If you needed it for race day, the item had to be got, in whatever color was available.

That is a cool looking OK, right out of the time warp.

That's what I like about this place, over that other playground site. F&5k them. I got called a douche for questioning some dick statement about how "it is estimated there are around 40 Kuwahara 24's in circulation".

This place has real bikes, with real knowledge :)

Beautiful Steve. I think the gold in the pedals is a nice play with the decals. Bikes perfect.

I thought of changing the pedals for a second, but I couldn't remember if my other set was 1/2 or 9/16, and I didn't really want to look for them, in any case... the gold definitely works for me in real life, even if it looks strong in pics.  The decals are pretty goldish too, so it ties in alright.

I wish I had a set of the tan SE bars.  That would be nice.  These bars are so narrow, I don't ride it.  If I had more comfortable bars on here, I'd take it for more spins.

PKripper_team_HeadTube.jpg

PKripper_Teamblue_IndirectNatural.jpg

Sick