Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

COMMENTS & DISCUSSION - BOTY 2015

Congrats to Rick for the over all win, with his ProFab.

I request that all of you that entered, please add your bike to the Database;

http://www.bmxsociety.com/bmx/bikes

• Like 1

Nice win man congratulations. Torker gets second in as many years lol. I hope this happens same time next year. Thanks again Steve for al the effort needed to run the BEST bike show on the planet.

Congratulations on the win Rick. Thank you for putting on the show Steve. I sure hope you keep this online BOTY going .....

OK...  please make sure your BOTY entry is listed on the ballot.

I checked all the links and they seem to work.  Every ballot entry is a "hot link" to the bike described on that line of the ballot.

This has been easier to manage due to lower turnout, but having to move bikes around and substitute entries has been rather tedious.  For some reason some of the changes wouldn't stick initially... but I think everything is OK now.

Here's the changes and moves that were triggered by low turn out this year:

** The separate 24" and 26" 80's and earlier Cruiser classes was merged into a single 24 and 26 class.

** The 20" 80's race class was changed to a 20" and under "Open Class" to accommodate the single pit bike and freestyle bike entries.  My apologies to the os-bmx-guy for his sweet Trick Star and King Stinger for his great GT pit not being able to compete with their peers in their own class.  They are both "winner caliber" bikes and deserve better. As I said in the entry threads, though they've been merged to the open class for voting... you may consider them the class winner for Freestyle and Pit, as far as I'm concerned.  They are good enough.

** The "New School Class" was disbanded... the two entries were placed in to Mid-School 20" and Mid-School cruiser class.  Both these belonged to Freestyle Freek.  In this case, since the bikes were from 2000 and 2005... maybe an expanded Mid-class is more fitting anyway.  

I think that's everything...  apologies if I over looked something - I have a ton going on the past couple days and am getting ready to leave town for the holiday in a few hours.  I will be traveling with spotty internet until afternoon on the 23rd.  Please bear with me on any issues that may arise. I will try to address things asap, if need be.

P.S.  Thanks to everybody that entered a bike.  That's cool of you.  Hard to say what 2016 will bring, but I'd say there is a pretty fair chance that this will be the last BOTY.  There just doesn't seem to be enough interest in putting bikes together to sustain it any more. 

Another end of an era?   We'll see, I know some of us will continue to plod along with bikes, so time will tell.

I sure hope this is not going to be the last BOTY Steve... Worst case scenario one category for all the bikes built will fit all of them. I'll be very bummed if this is the last one... It will be the first one I enter!

yeah... I will always do it if there is enough participation.

I know I havnt been in here as much as I used to, but I have been building, I got at least 4 or 5 bikes I can enter, so If you guys do a 2016 BOTY.. Im down!.  If not, Ill run the bikes thru individually, like I normally do...P.S. I looked for a relevant thread, this was the closest one I can find. I didnt see BOTY 2016 anywhere. Sorry if I missed it..

so there will be one this year? if yes Cool count me !