Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Congratulations to the 2015 BOTY Class Winners

First of all... sincere thanks to all those who participated this year.  I appreciate it.  Thanks to those who took the time to peruse the entries and make thoughtful choices on which bikes to vote for - also appreciated.

This is the smallest BOTY in many years. The salad days are behind us it seems.  That said... it did turn out larger than i expected and there were some really first class bikes, as always.  

There were some super tight races in the classes this year, a few were neck and neck until the end!

Congratulations to the class winners. Kudos to the runners up... and thanks again to those who entered bikes. Great stuff through out!

OLD SCHOOL BMX 20 inch (1979 and earlier)

Winner: Reilley1 with the 1976-77 Profab

post-605-0-72556300-1450697288.jpg

Runner up was Bob Sieber with the 1977 DG Racer

OLD SCHOOL BMX 20 inch (1980 through 1987)

Winner: TrulyOdd with the 1983 SE Reynolds Quadangle

post-2904-0-42353400-1450814721.jpg

Runner up was Mark Mc's 1984 GJS A-84. A-84

SURVIVOR BMX BIKES (1995 & Earlier) 

Winner: J.T.with the Tommy Brackens Torker Pro X Factory

post-1362-0-73573900-1450666315.jpg

Runner up was Yardsale2 with the Race Inc RA 7

Old School Cruisers 1987 and earlier 

Winner: Route66 with 1982 Cook Bros 26" Cruiser

post-6631-0-28975400-1450379155.jpg

Runner Up was Cruznscoot's 1984 JMC 24"

Old School BMX Mini 

Winner: SantaAnaMassachusetts  with the 1984 Torker Torklite Mini

post-487-0-63444000-1450638868.jpg

Runner Up was Cruznscoot with the 1982 SE Racing "Ripper"

Mid-School 20" (1988 - 2005)  

Winner:  was Smokin Steve Styler's Homeless Mack SL

SteveStyler_Homeless_BOTY_2015.jpg

Please note:  The original winner was withdrawn due to the fact that unbeknownst to the owner - the frame was a 2009 Re-Release Retro S&M Holmes, and not in fact the early 90's Holmes the owner thought it was.  Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Mid-School BMX Cruisers (1988 - 2005) 

Winner: Nickyturbo with 1990 S&M Bikes 24 

post-8810-0-88160100-1450642325.jpg

The runner up was King Stinger with the 1990 Brackens pro 24

RETRO / Modern Replica / Custom Build BMX PROJECTS

Winner: Oldskl Haro with the  2015 Hutch Trick Star

post-4169-0-93273800-1450303239.jpg

Runner up was Turdbird with the 2014 Bassett Bikes 26 Cruiser 

post-10936-0-47290100-1450675864.jpg

• Like 1

Stand by for the over all Bike Of The Year... the vintage era class winners will go head to head for the over all BOTY title, voting for finals starts soon.

Way to go Torkers !

Way to go Torkers !

The yellow and black were well represented this year for sure.

Very tough decisions in every category this year, and it seems many where mulling over similar decisions looking at runners up. High caliber builds and finds, a few great stories, and impeccable attention to the details that make some bikes just SPECIAL. Kudos to all involved, congrats to all winners, hope to be back in the game soon with a build or two that have been way slowly coming together for years.

Congratulations to the class winners. There were some tough choices when it came to voting, truly awesome builds everyone. Had fun, didn't get a lot of votes, but that doesn't matter to me. Looking forward to seeing the overall winner and hopefully getting some bikes in for next year.

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone...great stuff. .

Thanks Steve!

Thanks to Steve and the Society for puttng on the BOTY competition and to everybody that took the time to enter their fine rides into it as well as vote. My 1990 Holmes was my first entry and first class win. It was exciting watching the votes add up, and stressfull at the end when Smokin Steve was gaining fast....good times! Cant wait till next years competition, i have a few under construction that will be entere if we do this again.

• Like 1

2015 BOTY FINALS POLL IS NOW OPEN FOR VOTING : LINK

There was certainly quality, if not quantity, which is still a good sign and one to hold on to for the future. Have just voted for my overall winner - not an easy choice!! Congrats to everyone who entered and hopefully I'll join you next year!

Thank you for everyone that voted for my rig.......this was my first BOTY and had a great experience!

Hope it comes back bigger and badder next year! I'll for sure do my part to spread the word

Congrats to the class winners. Truth be told, I dug every bike posted.

As always, thanks for organizing BOTY, Steve. It means a lot to us.

Happy New Year to all. Joe

(For me 2016 is The Year of The Mid School S&M.)

Yeah, a big thank you to Steve for putting on the BOTY show. I truly enjoy having this online show to participate in and to vote on all the classes and see everyone's bikes during the holidays.

As most of you know, I am often being too busy being a social butterfly at the meets and forget to put pedals on or tags on my bikes. It is cool to win of course but in my opinion, the idea of just displaying something someone can relate to is one of the coolest parts of any contests.

Having said that, I did keep a close eye on the preliminary voting this year. It was a bit of a rush seeing the comp between the Bob's ever so cool DG and the Profab. I was trying to figure out why but more than likely it is  probably because I miss the So-Cal events and this is somewhat of a substitute.

I've attended some very cool events up here, have met some very cool people and have seen some impressive bikes for sure, but I do miss the So-Cal scene. The sweet part of this On-line event is that it "joins" the various events that are scattered in different states and overseas.

Bums me out to see such low voting though. I don't necessarily want people to vote for the Profab, I just think that enough members still "lurk" the site and that this is takes a lot of effort for Steve to do that you guys can take a few minutes away from Facebook and do this dedicated site the right thing that you guys did before and vote.

Well put